- Drive automation for results preparation, summarizing and delivery
- Drive use of new technologies i.e. remote sensing, image analysis.
- Provide harmonised and professional data analysis to support the work of Technical Product Leads and help CPD to be able to make early and data driven decision about early stage and development compounds.
- Give support to build scientific data-based models for the development compounds to help early decision making
- Support the territory concerning data management processes and systems and manage data flow generated by Technical Field Scientists and contractors
- Run trainings on data management systems for AME CPD team
- Support the CPD Team by coordination and implementation of tasks associated with AME projects and launches
- Support the CPD Team with the new digital tools and gadgets used in their activity
Geographic Scope: AME Business Unit (7 Business Areas)
- To support technical excellence in data capture, management and analysis. Acting as a data management champion
- To ensure timely delivery of data to end users
- Monitor on-time and on-quality data delivery by TPLs, Technical Field Scientists and contractors
- Coach territory staff in application of agreed, harmonized systems processes
- Ensure training in systems and best practices internally and with CROs
- Contribute requirements for further development of Syngenta tools
- Participate in regional and global NTDS initiatives as Subject Matter Expert
- Contribute to Technology Innovation – hardware and software
- Contribute to trial design optimization and statistical analysis optimization
- Assist Technical Product Leads and Technical Field Scientists in their planning and result preparation
- Provide consistency and quality of data in/from planning tool in coordination with Technical Product Leads
- Provide analysis for effective resource allocation
- Coordinate and manage AME CPD SharePoint activities
- Ensure a good technical information flow within the AME CPD team
- Support CPD team in field tour organisation
- Support CPD team in virtual / F2F field tours organisation and production
- Participate in main technical meetings (AME results meetings, planning meetings, launch platforms…etc.)
- Ensure a very good coordination with the trialling team and provide sample logistics support (plan sample needs and allocation)
- Drive digitalisation in AME
- To ensure that all operations under direct control comply with Syngenta Health, Safety & Environment policies and guidelines as well as any other relevant Syngenta or statutory policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong Syngenta R&D IS tools background (ARM, GDB, FPLS, BioPlan, BioDesign, BioAnalytics, SPIRIT, etc.) a plus
- In-depth knowledge of different data analysis and data management
- In-depth knowledge of field trial processes
- Good understanding of relevant CPD processes (Product Development)
- Understanding of the needs of Technical Field Scientists, Technical Product Leads, Technical Leads and CROs
- Good knowledge of existing Syngenta Field Information Systems, Office applications, SpotFire and other visualisation platforms, EasyCapture, Smatrix and other data-analytic tools a plus
- Good knowledge of IT Systems development
- Good knowledge of databases management
- Good knowledge of IT applications design and development
- Good knowledge of programming and scripting (Python is a plus)
- Good knowledge of image and video editing
- Bring innovation in new ways of working and tools to improve performance
- Excellent networking and communication capabilities
- Good agronomical and plant protection knowledge
- Strong verbal and written English
- Scientific mind-set, applicable in planning, undertaking, interpreting and reporting of field trials
- Excellent communication/inter-personal skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Scientific mind-set, data interpretation and analysis for both development, regulatory and marketing use
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and field trials software
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent team working capabilities
- Excellent networking and communication capabilities. Also with different cultures and time zones
- Good training skills
- Good knowledge of IT Systems and new technologies
- Good knowledge of IT Systems development (Web, mobile, databases, …)
- Good Applications design skills
- Good image and video editing skills
- Experience in IT Systems and applications design and development
- Experience in image and video editing
- Experience in managing databases
- Experience in the implementation, management and analysis of field trials a plus
- Experience in knowledge management
- Advantage if having experience in data modelling
Other Behaviours Critical For Role
- Show autonomy, initiative, efficiency, problem solving
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Ability to deliver high data quality working across a complex range of interfaces
- Ability to drive high standards and ensure technical integrity of field trials data
- To develop an effective network across the 7 AME Business Areas and with colleagues from region/global
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Key Relationships:
- Data Analytics & Program Development Lead AME
- Technical Product Leads
- Technical Leads
- Technical Field Scientists
- NTDS (New Technology and Data Science) team
Syngenta Leadership Capabilities
- Execution and Results Orientation – Manages work performance to efficiently complete responsibilities. Demonstrates initiative and a strong commitment to achieving meaningful results, meeting or exceeding goals, and acting on opportunities to create value.
- Judgment – Analyze problems to make effective and sound decisions.
- Focuses on customers – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manages for performance – Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Engage and inspire – Fosters personal achievement and excellence. Encourage high standards of performance in others.
- The successful applicant may be based in any of the following location in AME: South Africa, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Zambia.
- Some travel, mostly in AME within the 7 AME Business Areas
- Employee may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, other work product, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
- South Africa
- Kenya, Morocco, Jordan, Egypt, Zambia
- R&D – Development
Desired Skills and Experience
digital, marketing, communication, media, processus, Interface Homme Machine (IHM), data, cloud, agronomie, agriculture
To apply for this job please visit syngenta.taleo.net.