Purpose of the role
Incumbent will be responsible for driving data analytics, development of data models and algorithms in a scientific manner,
- Work with stakeholder throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial, neural networks) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage) and experience with applications.
- Producing project feasibility and costings reports
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments
- Any duties assigned to by the supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Engineering/Mathematics or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- A minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a reputable organization
- Knowledge in SQL, Oracle, Sequel, Visual Basic, C++ and Java, Unified Modelling Language (UML) and SAP business software applications.
- Web-based technologies.
- Broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to contribute to a team effort
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Business awareness
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind
- Presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Planning and negotiating skills
- Initiative and self-confidence
- An interest in the way organizational processes work.
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.