Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA)
PATENTS AND COMPANIES REGISTRATION AGENCY
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI), established under the Patents and Companies Registration Agency Act No. 4 of 2020. The principal mandate of the Agency is to provide business and intellectual property registration services. Additionally, the Agency is responsible for the management of the collateral registry for movable property as well as accreditation of insolvency practitioners.
The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active and experienced persons to fill the position of:
DATA ANALYST (x1)
1.0 JOB PURPOSE:
To analyse and manage data, ensuring its accuracy and accessibility for effective decision- making within the Agency.
2.0 GRADE AND REPORTING LINE
Salary Grade P4 and reporting to the Manager – Digital Transformation.
3.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESULT AREAS — PRINCIPAL ACOCUNTABILITIES/MAIN DUTIES
- Conduct data analysis to identify trends, anomalies, and insights
- Develop and maintain data analysis tools and models
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy, and consistency.
- Create and maintain data repositories and databases
- Generate regular and ad-hoc reports for management and stakeholders
- Present data findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Implement data quality checks and validation processes.
- Identify and rectify data discrepancies.
- Ensure data security protocols are followed.
- Collaborate with IT to protect sensitive data.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of data sources and processes.
- Create data dictionaries and metadata for datasets.
- Collaborate with various departments to understand data needs.
- Assist in data-driven decision-making processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Stay updated with industry best practices.
4.0 QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with at least 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data science, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in data analysis.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit in One PDF Document their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 26th January 2024 to the email address [email protected] clearly stating in the subject line “Application for Data Analyst” to:
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Patents and Companies Registration Agency
8471 PACRA House, Haile Selassie, Longacres
P.O. Box 32020
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED