Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for a position as a Communications Officer.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its national office in Copperbelt. The objective of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP works shoulder to shoulder with people in urban and rural communities in the following thematic areas: Health, education, agriculture, climate change mitigation and adaptation, environment, human rights and community development. DAPP has an income generating leg by selling second hand clothes.
DAPP is currently working in 62 districts situated in all 10 provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people with direct interventions. DAPP is a Member of the International Humana People to People Movement.
The position is based at the DAPP Partnership Office in Lusaka with frequent travel to project sites.
Job summary/ responsibilities:
- Implementing the DAPP communication strategy.
- Identify and develop content for proactive media stories for the organisation.
- Work with programme leads to identify case studies/ success stories and other content for media.
- Develop relationships with local/national/regional/international media outlets and journalists in order to increase the DAPP visibility as well as participation in the debates related to DAPP’s key messages.
- Ensure consistent language and messaging across all DAPP’s output and communication channels.
- Draft press releases and other media materials on behalf of DAPP.
- Contribute to writing DAPP’s newsletters.
- Contribute to DAPP’s social media output, including gathering content and provision of messaging
- Deliver training on communications to employees as necessary
- Report on communication activities and impact to senior leadership
Key skills and education:
- Diploma or Degree in digital media communication, or related field.
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies.
- Familiarity with information technologies such as video production, radio programmes and layout, including use of the newest video and audio editing software.
- The journalistic ability to source stories from the DAPP interventions through staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Excellent writing, oral communication, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and proven work network relations with various media institutions.
- Good interpersonal and relation building skills. Possess confidence to deal with senior executives.
- Ready to adopt to organisational tasks and procedures
- Willing to travel to project sites in all involved districts.
- At least three years’ experience in similar position.
- Experience working in a communication team.
- Experience in producing communication materials for a variety of different audiences.
- Prior experience in providing capacity building in communication techniques and public relations work.
Applications with detailed CVs and 3 professional referees (among whom one must be, or was supervisor) must be received by 24th of July 2022.
Please do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.