Bollore Transport & Logistics Zambia Ltd
Bolloré Transport & Logistics is a major international transport and logistics operator. Our 35,000 employees spread across 109 countries on five continents express their expertise through four businesses that today work in synergy: Bollore Energy, Bollore Ports, Bollore Energy, Bollore railways.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Customs team at our Kitwe/Nakonde Office as Customs Clearing Officer.
To declare and assess correct taxes on behalf of customs in the asycuda world system and in compliance with the regulations for Internal and external customs procedures.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Receive and read the File from the Central Clearing Supervisor.
- Check and understand documents in the file.
- Ensure you understand instructions on the mode of clearance
- Prepare dummy entry and a supervisor must validate the dummy entry.
- With approval from customs through the CS, declaration and assessment can be done
- Monitor exit of exports from bond and exiting RIT’S
- Acquit all exiting RIT’S in customs asycuda world system.
- To send acquittals back to exporting office
- Record entries in customs ledger
What You Need To Succeed
- Grade Twelve School Certificate
- At least 2 Years of work experience in a Similar Position
- Diploma in Clearing, Shipping and Forwarding
- Practical knowledge of asycuda world system a must
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Sound decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Good business judgment
- Excellent Computer Skills
To apply for this position, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department email; [email protected] by 3rd December 2022.