Greenlight Planet Zambia
Introduction to Greenlight Planet:
Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 32 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold over 14 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called “Field Sales Executives”) in local communities. For Field Sales Exxecutives, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also they become an important member of their community bringing light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 1300 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Position: Customer Loyalty Executive
Reporting Manager: Regional Business Manager
Description of the role:
The Customer Loyalty Executive will be leading the efforts and processes related to collections of our Sun King Easybuy products in the field. He/she will be giving advice and suggestions on how to improve customer payments and satisfaction while able to ensure that the Company offer matches end users expectations. The position will be based in the region with 80-90% of time spent in field related activities working directly with Field Agents and Customers.
The role holder will have two reporting lines, direct reporting (administratively) to the Regional Business Manager and a dotted reporting (functionally) to the Credit Managers in the Risk Team. The CLE is also expected to support in driving the proper implementation and full adherence of credit/collection/fraud/tampering policies at the field level.
- Analyse regional portfolio and repayment trends provided and lay down daily, weekly, monthly strategies to drive better collection rates from delinquent customers
- Mystery market visits confirm the quality of sales and obtain different insights from different areas to enhance strategic direction to mitigate challenges of disabled lamps and repayments.
- Provide a weekly update to Sales and Risk Leadership teams on field interventions performed and results achieved, along with customer insights. Design, pilot and operationalize collection processes necessary for ensuring better repayments and customer satisfaction.
- Work with Area Business Managers and Field Sales Executives to repossess products from delinquent customers on cases where direct intervention is required.
- Report any cases of product tampering observed in the field through the process and mechanism established by the Risk team.
- Facilitate reporting and actions to be taken against those perpetrating fraudulent practices in the field, such as product tampering, misinformed sales done by agents etc., as per the processes laid out by the Risk function.
- Provide training to Agents (Field Sales Executives) on dealing with repossessions and difficult customer collection issues.
- Drive operating rhythm to follow-up with Agents (Field Officers) to ensure they are completing their collection calls and repossession tasks on time.
- Recruit cash collection centres and setup for the key collection area.
Key Result Areas
- Intervene in the field where the collection score is
- To make sure voluntary repossessions become standard practice in the field with spontaneous repossession and assisted repossessions are reduced to the most difficult cases of tampering
- Driving Kazi app awareness, effectiveness and understanding in the field (follow up and manage 90% of the Kazi calls)Update area/regional leadership on collection & repossession exposures, weekly.
- Support in ensuring Zero First Pay Default rates (First Pay Defaults, are customers who make only the down-payment and never make any further payments)
- Update area/regional leadership on collection exposures, weekly through follow-up payments aligns to targets set for each region.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor Degree/Higher Diploma related to Finance, Community Development, Communication, Credit Risk Management or related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position with field experience and working with rural customers.
- Passionate about working in the field to drive collections, resolving issues and enhancing customer experience.
- Strong experience from Microfinance/banking underground on Credit Collections is preferred.
- Must have good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Clear and straight to the point communication skills with fluency in English.
- Clear thinking/problem solving ability
- Passionate about working with rural customers & resolve customer issues
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent issue-tracking and resolution skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time diligently and accurately.
- Work with multiple sales teams and cross-functional teams seamlessly.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit www.greenlightplanet.com.