ENGIE Energy Access (Africa)
About the job
The Customer Finance Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring the overall success of our largely unbanked customers in completing their loans and getting continued access to clean, reliable energy. The team works cross-functionally with our commercial, customer experience, product development and operations on the ground to ensure that we provide all customers with successful responsible onboarding and offer constant support through adequate monitoring and interventions all the way through the lifetime of our customers’ loans.
The Credit Assessment Officer provides an amazing opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on how we are revolutionizing credit and financial inclusion for the base of the pyramid. S/He will work closely with the Customer Finance Operations Manager, customer finance team and the commercial team around credit risk analysis, and they are required to review the financial status of new and existing customers to determine their level of risk and make recommendations to the company.
- Support the CF team on carrying out accurate KYC, ensuring correct capturing of IDs, Customer Photos, financial documentations etc
- Analysis of Customer financial status by checking based of customer financial records (Bank statement/Mobile money statement etc)
- Assessing loan qualification for customers under review
- Assessing customer financial and personal details about the ability to repay the acquired loan using the system assessment tool.
- Educating customers on current payments terms again and giving them the terms and conditions governing the acquired loan.
- Communicate the assessment results to the applicants and sales team in a timely matter.
- Ensure all applied customers are assessed within SLA timelines
- Reviewing the credit limits of existing customers to determine if they qualify for an upgrade in their credit limit.
- Payoff off the customer cleared accounts.
- Educating CF Call center, sales team & field staff on applicable policies guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Resolution of customer queries & key stakeholder managements
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by Manager or Departmental Head
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data analysis tools
- Knowledge of KYC and other risk management tools
- Ability to analyze financial data
- To analyze processes/ performance and make suggestions & improvements is a big plus
- Ability to demonstrate proactivity and independent task execution
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in one or more languages spoken by our customers is a big plus
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- 2 years minimum work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, or any related qualification
- Work experience in related areas such as energy access, last-mile product financing, microfinance or digital financial services is a big plus
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and able to assess risk while protecting the interest of customers and the business
- High level of comfort working with data, with the ability to translate analysis to insights
- Deep empathy for the customer and commitment to inclusivity, consumer protection, & responsible financial services within the context of creating a profitable, scalable enterprise
- Excitement about ENGIE’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially underserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
To apply for this job please visit jobs.engie.com.