Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: Crane Maintenance Technician
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Shift
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Crane Maintenance Technician.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Shift, you will be responsible for assisting in day to day rigging and overhead crane operations throughout the mine. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Examination, maintenance and repairs of overhead, static and portable lifting equipment in accordance with Zambian Mining regulations, international standards and company policies
- Adherence to safe working practices
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine working practices
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position equipment and parts during installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Able to read, interpret and understand hydraulic schematics.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic system faults.
- Willing to work at heights.
- Adjust machinery and repair/replace defective parts
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Electrical/ or Mechanical Craft Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years’ Electrical/Mechanical experience in the mining industry
- Strong commitment to safety as well as good understanding of rules, regulations and company policies regarding lifting machinery and accessories
- Good communications skills, able to work under minimum supervision, self-motivated, team player and innovative.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.