Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, and a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
This position reports to the Senior Management Accountant.
Core Purpose of the Position
The position involves preparing and providing timely financial and statistical information to the Departmental Managers/HOD’s so that they can make day-to-day, and short/medium/long-term managerial decisions.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To prepare weekly and monthly departmental cost reports with exceptional highlights for Departmental Managers and report on periodic variances, their causes and required remedial actions.
- Attend departmental planning and operations meetings in order to timely sensitize operational managers of cost and financial performance and be aware of the operational plans
- Advise departmental staff on correct cost allocations and analysis codes in line with weekly and monthly budgetary plans and as requested.
- Continuously reviewing ledgers to ensure that all purchase/stores requisitions are timely captured and that expenditure is posted to correct cost centres and codes by carrying out a review of postings on daily basis.
- Helps to coordinate and collect underlying budget data at departmental level for the comprehensive company annual budget consolidation.
- Apply budgetary controls by ensuring officials operate within approved budgets and make the most effective use of available resources at departmental level.
- Assist Senior Management Accountant to gather historical operational budgeting and expenditure information where necessary.
- Work hand in hand with Supply Chain and Accounts Payable to ensure that direct orders being raised, and invoices being captured are correctly posted in line with budget plans.
- Raise correction journals where necessary in order to reflect the correct costs per code in line with budgetary plans.
- Any other duties assigned by Superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Part-qualified in ACCA/CIMA or Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years of related experience in a similar position and senior level reporting.
- Costing & Budgeting experience in the Mining industry will be an added advantage.
- Member of ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or other recognised Accounting Bodies.
- Excellent Written Communication skills and analytical skills.
- Efficient organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to email@example.com. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 29th August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.