Job Title: Corporate Service Centre Team Lead
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advise & support in the maintenance & analysis of banking activities & initiatives in order to provide accurate reports & information to relevant stakeholders, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
Delivering Service and Sales Excellence
- Actively encourage and personally demonstrate the delivery of excellent customer service in the Corporate Service Centre
- Proactively manage level of customer service and satisfaction through providing excellent customer experiences during all customer interactions
- Own the resolution of customer queries logged with your branch and aim to resolve all issues ate first point of contact.
- Track the issuance of customer items such as cheque books, deposit slips etc- liaise with RMs where necessary to resolve queries and respond to clients
- Ensure logging and tracking of all service requests, complaints and queries on BOC and provision of necessary MI for decision making
- Help providing leads for Corporate banking products and maintain a database of these leads for BI, Pre-paid cards, Point of Sale and other related bank products
- Maintain up to date knowledge of bank products and services to ensure professional handling of customer queries
- Monitor Customer service and satisfaction as highlighted in various surveys and customer feedback
- Work with the relationship team in developing and maintaining relationships with their portfolios
- Plan and carry out a customer care visiting programme with Corporate & Business Banking Relationship Managers
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys as and when required to do so.
- Be accountable for the branch look and feel and escalate any areas requiring attention.
- Ensure that all customer requests such as cheque books and deposit book ordering including any customized stationary are handled professionally and that there are no undue delays
- All work received by 14.30hrs is processed same day without exception
- Ensuring that all MIS is compiled and submitted as and when required
- Ensure the maximisation of BOC utilisation as a driver for customer service
- Positive mystery shopping scores for the branch and NPS scores from clients
- Demonstrable reduction in manual instructions processed by the branch
- Drive conversions of Manual Processes instructions to Digital Channels (BI)
- Provide leadership to all staff, achieving results through the performance management of direct reports and their effective performance management of their individual areas.
- Develop and agree individual performance objectives, standards and targets with all direct reports.
- Provide regular reviews of performance against agreed objectives, minimum quarterly, in line with performance management techniques.
- Provide on going coaching and feedback to direct reports and individuals as appropriate, in line with Barclays Africa performance management techniques.
- Ensure quality performance management processes and practices are undertaken in all areas under the control of the role holder.
- Ensure timely and effective completion of AML and all assigned training by the team
- Create a high performance environment driven by effective team working
- Draw up performance and development plans for the team; quarterly review these plans and encourage self-development
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team
- Ensure efficient and effective flow of work through the team, with appropriate hand-offs to and from Corporate and Business banking RMs and CSMs
- Agree and sign Performance Develop plans with team members
- Provide Coaching to team members
- Timely Submission of PD’S and documentation of all coaching sessions
- Develop plans with Head Client Servicing for the achievement of service and cost targets for the areas under the control of the role holder.
- Formulate, agree departmental budgets and ensure that processes are in place to monitor performance against budget
- In conjunction with team leaders, develop plans to ensure appropriate staffing numbers and capability to support all areas under the control of the role holder
- Monitor and Control the controllable costs
- Submission of Team financials
- Take responsibility for keeping self and team up to date with relevant compliance and rigor issues in the branch
- Maintain all aspects of data integrity and recording
- Ensure team maintains and meets other risk management requirements including controls and checks, fraud prevention, money laundering and internal audit requirements
- Ensure full participation in units RCSAs and timely submission of results. No repeat findings
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Ensure effective cash management, management of stock levels and prompt reporting of excess
Risk and Control
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk framework and internal Barclays policies and standards
- National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.