Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA)
PATENTS AND COMPANIES REGISTRATION AGENCY
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI), established under the Patents and Companies Registration Agency Act No. 4 of 2020. The principal mandate of the Agency is to provide business and intellectual property registration services. Additionally, the Agency is responsible for the management of the collateral registry for movable property as well as accreditation of insolvency practitioners.
The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active and experienced person to fill the position of:
CORPORATE PLANNING OFFICER (x1)
1.0 JOB PURPOSE:
To undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of the Agency programmes in order to assess performance and propose intervention measures.
2.0 GRADE AND REPORTING LINE
Salary Grade P4 and reporting to the Manager – Corporate Planning.
3.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY RESULT AREA — PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (MAIN DUTIES)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and systems in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions as well as monitor regional offices.
Annual Work Plan/Budget Statistics
- Coordinate the Agency annual work plan review in order to assess progress of programme implementation.
- Submits statistical reports for lodgments, renewals, returns and registrations from both Commercial and Intellectual Property departments.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators in order to implement quality improvement interventions in order to enhance delivery of business and intellectual property programmes.
- Coordinate and submits monthly reports, quarterly reports and mid-year reports on the activities of the Agency in order to keep the management informed and facilitate decision making.
- Conduct mid-term and annual performance review and evaluation of the Strategic Plan in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions and ascertain the achievement of set goals.
- Assist in conducting M&E surveys, assessments, and other baseline information generation processes.
- Attends timely to all correspondence on matters relating to the Agency in order to contribute to the overall objectives of the Agency.
4.0 QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with at least 5 credits including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Business Administration/ Development Studies/Statistics/Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a similar Institution.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit in One PDF Document their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 26th January 2024 to the email address [email protected] clearly stating in the subject line “Application for Corporate Planning Officer” to:
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Patents and Companies Registration Agency
8471 PACRA House, Haile Selassie, Longacres
P.O. Box 32020
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED