Talent House Limited
Our Clients are looking for a talented corporate Legal officer to handle all its legal transactions, partnerships, and projects. This team member’s principal goal will be to guarantee that all transactions comply with the laws and regulations, while actively helping avoid possible legal risks and violations.
- Providing advice and support on all legal matters that may arise in its operations
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Coordinating the company’s complaint management system
- Monitoring compliance with legal and statutory requirements of the organization
- Providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews
- Support management on issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework
- Monitor compliance with legal and regulatory corporate governance requirements.
- Managing the legal reform process and the introduction of new legislative measures aimed at improving the business environment
- Draft contracts, agreements, examination of tender documents to ensure they are legally enforceable and are in accordance of the law, rules and regulations
Legal research and projects
- Undertaking legal projects as requested by the client
- Collecting relevant background information and documentation in order to respond to legal requests
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors
- Developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accord with the existing legislation
- Take part in negotiations in matters that will ultimately be reduced into writing
- Research, compile and write well-reasoned legal opinions on all matters or issues brought to his/her attention
- Bachelor Degree in Laws from a recognized institution;
- At least Two (2) to three (3) years post certification experience in legal practice
- Holder of current practicing certificate from ZIALE;
- Member of the Laws association of Zambia
- Understanding of the Mines and Minerals Act/Employment Code Act.
- Knowledge on the Zambian policy systems (ZRA/Immigration/PACRA)
- Experience with drafting and editing legal submissions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Assertive and result oriented
- Open minded and a good team player
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to [email protected] before the 21st of October 2022.