Zambia National Commercial Bank (Zanaco) PLC
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Information Technology Division under the Enterprise Applications & Business Intelligence Department at Head Office:-
Core Banking Applications Senior Specialist – Grade 9
The role is responsible for the Administration of systems, ensuring that applications availability is upheld for the Financial Applications such as Core Banking, Loan Management (LMS), and Workflow Management System. The responsibility will also ensure alignment and adherence to Information Technology Policies, Processes, Procedures and Internal Controls and ensure Compliance with applicable Regulatory and Legal requirements as well as Best Practices.
Under the supervision of the Head Enterprise Applications & Business Intelligence, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Administer Financial Applications such as Core Banking System, Micro Lending & Savings, Workflow management system, and Loan Management system as part of daily operations
- Provide capability and technical guidance to the first line system for all issues to ensure continuity for future escalations
- Proactively Manage Systems availability and Performance to ensure that prescribed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met satisfactorily.
- Ensure that the functionality and health of key critical customer systems are operating optimally to achieve end-user and customer satisfaction. This includes the installation, Configuration, Operation, Monitoring and Support of Financial Applications
- Ensure that Financial Application Systems are readily available to foster and facilitate Disaster Recovery annually and during other business continuity activities.
- Be the point of escalation and resolution of all Application functionality problems.
- Provide 2nd Level Fault management of all Incidents and Problems logged through first line Support.
- Drive technical solutions on All Financial Applications to ensuring Customer Satisfaction for all Stakeholders is met.
- Work directly with Customers and End Users at all levels across the bank on escalated issues in order to quickly resolve issues and manage Customer expectations
- Ensure the resolution of all queries within the agreed Service Level Agreements
- Implementation of Software Installations, Upgrades, Patches/Fixes, and Maintenances on all Financial Applications as in line with the change approval policy.
- Facilitate and Conduct End User Training and workshops on all Financial Applications
- Ensure end-user adherence and compliance to processes and procedures for all Financial Applications.
- Effectively manage the system backup process for all financial applications
- Ensure Disaster Recovery servers for all the Financial Applications are in sync with production servers at all times, to facilitate the smooth switch over in case of unforeseen events on the production environment.
- Ensure that all the Financial Applications are available and work reliably and securely.
- Work closely with all other Information Technology Team members in resolving reported incidents
- Provide financial applications systems availability reports to aid in the decision-making process for any desired system improvements
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- External: Consultants/Vendors
- Internal: All internal Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- IT related Degree, MSc/MBA an added advantage
- 5 years working experience Managing Core Banking systems, Loan Life-cycle management, Knowledge Oracle PL/SQL.
- ITIL Certification an added advantage
- Permanent and Pensionable contract
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Communication, Presentation and Reporting skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated,
- Leadership skills and Drive for results
- Clinical and attentive to detail
- Must aspire to a culture of Service Excellence
- Stakeholder Management
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 25th June, 2021.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.