PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for the management and execution of drilling operations to meet safety, quality, volume and cost targets on a Shift/Crew
PLANING AND PROGRAMMING:
The Coordinator, Drilling will be responsible for Integrating “on” and “new” work into the production schedule seamlessly by;
Implementing drilling plans to meet drilling goals and targets.
- Ensuring that there is enough manpower and machines to meet drilling targets.
- Identifying and planning clean-ups on drilling blocks a week in advance with the superintendent.
- Optimizing drilling efficiency and make sure that target penetration rates are achieved.
- Strategic placement of drill rigs and drilling teams for optimal efficiency and project executions.
- Dynamic re-plan to minimize the effect of breakdowns.
- Making sure that all consumables are delivered on time to minimize down time.
- Holding daily meeting with senior drilling supervisors to enhance co-ordination and communication.
The Coordinator, Drilling will assist the Superintendent, drilling in ensuring production performance risks, Asset and SHEQ risks are minimized and eliminated by;
- Careful monitoring of efficiency and productivity ratios and implement corrective action to eliminate risks of under performance.
- Ensuring that productivity ratios are maintained to a high standard by constant audits.
- Conducting new assessments on all new processes and procedures including maintenance and production.
- Maintaining a high standard working environment that is safe, clean and environmentally friendly.
- Conducting daily SHEQ reviews and audits and ensures others adhere to the same.
- Driving ‘THINK’ coach campaign within drilling section.
The Coordinator, Drilling will be responsible for executing production according to plan with all quality and quantity targets met at a standard cost or better by.
- Ensuring that the production sequence is adhered to by clearly understanding the methods and practices to be used on different operations
- Enhancing critical path management by anticipating what may happen and what needs to happen to ensure that production is not affected by delays, bottlenecks etc.
- Encouraging team participation in eliminating production problems.
- Ensuring production quantity and quality to meet client’s satisfaction.
The Coordinator, Drilling will provide leadership to the team by;
- Managing team performance by ensuring that subordinates have the necessary skills, knowledge and competency to fulfil their roles and meet their goals.
- Ensuring full utilization of the performance management system by all team members and conducts individual performance reviews so that corrective action is implemented.
- Providing coaching for direct subordinates to enable them to improve their performance.
- Boosting team morale and enhance team building by ensuring that there is a shared value system in production that leads to high levels of commitment to the goals of the project.
- Assisting in discipline administration and handling grievances by enhancing industrial harmony.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mine engineering or any Mining related qualification from a recognized institution
- First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Minimum of five (5) years’ open pit mining operations experience, three of which should be at a senior level position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A team player and have the ability to work under intense pressure
- Strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.