Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, and a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
This position reports to the Contracts Manager
Core Purpose of the Position
To ensure that every contract that is signed is of value to the company and that each supplier and or contractor meets their respective contractual obligations. Protection of company assets is of utmost importance. This includes safeguarding the profitability and the good standing of the organisation.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provides responses to bids, proposals and contract negotiations.
- Prepares requests for proposals for distribution to vendors.
- Maintains a set of standard contracts for the company.
- Analyses all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Conducts research prior to writing contracts to obtain a full understanding of the scope of work.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract amendments.
- Analyses a contract’s risk to the business and communicates in a timely manner.
- Ensures that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Trains and supervises other contract professionals.
- Communicates contract implementations to subordinates. Maintains a computer database for the company’s contract management system.
- Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct payments are made in accordance with the contract.
- Negotiates and oversees leasing agreements.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration / Contracts Arbitration will be added advantage.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) desirable.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in contract preparation and management within the Mining industry.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and endure high pressure or stressful situations.
- Knowledge of International contract law, mergers and acquisitions regulations.
- Exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation and judgment skills.
- Working knowledge of financial analytics and profit and loss implications.
- Demonstration of superior presentation skills.
- Very good understanding of mining, engineering construction and mining operational contracts.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 29th August 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.