Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy (BEM Consult)
Job Title: Construction Manager
BEMCONSULT has been given a mandate by African Parks to assist in the identification and recruitment of a qualified and competent professional.
African Parks is a non-profit organization that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
Position Location: Chiundaponde (Zambia)
The primary purpose of the role will be to oversee all logistics of construction in the Bangweulu Wetlands project sites. The Construction Manager will be expected to practically manage and plan every stage of the construction project. He/she shall ensure that building projects are completed safely, within budget and on time.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Create work schedules and allocate responsibilities for the construction team.
- Conduct site visits and reports to senior managers on project progress,
- Inspect construction works, check the material, and ensure staff are following health and safety guidelines
- Manage outsourced contractors (if any)
- Oversee the installation of power and water system
- Manage the design, construction, and maintenance of new and existing infrastructure such as roads, bridges, fords, culverts, airstrips, and buildings.
- Oversee the logistical requirements of a project.
- Recruit and manage skilled and unskilled labor
- Design and draft plans for required construction works
- Compile quality lists for Materials and develop a storage system for procured building materials and equipment
- Meet regularly with clients, third parties, and other managers to report on progress
- Set targets, objectives, and responsibilities for all supervised staff
- Regularly review timings, budget, labor, risk, and project plans to ensure work stays on track
- Ensure delivery of high-quality works within contract timescales
- Compile reports and annual work plans and budgets
Attributes and Skills
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Good Leadership qualities
- Good Time management skills
- Unwavering Integrity
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve and use your initiative
- Ability and willingness to regularly interact and engage across all levels of the business
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering or any relevant tertiary qualification
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction management experience (conservation-related will be added advantage)
- Excellent Knowledge of construction contract law
- Good computer competencies
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.