World Vision Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Construction Management Specialist
Reporting to: Associate Director- Grant Management
Purpose of the Position:
To provide technical guidance and coordinate the management of all construction projects, including maintenance activities in World Vision Zambia. The incumbent will ensure that all construction projects are complaint with construction documents, specifications and other regulations as per required standard and government engineering regulations.
Technical Support Provision in Tendering Process:
Provide technical guidance to quality tendering process for construction works:
- Prepare / interpret all construction/technical documents (building, block & site plans) for all construction works up to required industry and technical Standards
- Provide specifications for all technical works and building related matters to ensure right materials and value for money.
Management of Construction Projects
- Conduct regular monitoring of construction works to ensure they are meeting standards outlined in the contracts, including agreed timeframes and available budget limits, meet regulatory and industry minimum standards and safety and adopt a proactive approach in this regard.
- Regularly visit construction sites to verify the progress and quality of work
- Provide immediate feedback to contractors regarding progress and quality highlighting successes and areas for improvement.
External Relations, Partnerships and Capacity Building
- Ensure effective government relationships and partnerships are established for construction
- Establish strategic and positive working relationships to relevant government agencies as needed for their support in construction works
- Ensure that necessary government approvals provided for sign-off of completion of works.
Documentation and Reporting:
Provide key project reports on a regular basis:
- Participate and review performance of contractors to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Develop and maintain a database of all construction works being conducted in WVZL, documenting progress, quality, achievements and challenges.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or related field with 3 years of experience
- Diploma in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or related field with 5 years’ experience
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD and data analysis software is ‘ recommended
- Knowledge of Project Management is added advantage
- Knowledge of Construction industry
Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Possess high level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills necessary to build internal and external relations
- Strong understanding of communications requirements of the WV partnership
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 16 August 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org.