Dangote Cement Zambia
Maintain a deep knowledge of the condition of the plant equipment by measuring, tracking & analyzing trends to identify the maintenance needs. To carry out condition monitoring of the plant Equipment through vibration monitoring tools, On-line and Off-line Data acquisition techniques and data analysis; Refer the technical standards for inspection with the aim of keeping equipment condition healthy and in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Key duties and responsibilities
- First level/routine inspection and specific inspection of all plant equipment in all conditions (Stoppage, Running).
- Regular monitoring of equipment’s condition and running parameter CMMS (SAP).
- Tight coordination with production to get feedback from operations on equipment conditions, equipment’s availability for maintenance inspection and production constraints.
- Tight coordination with maintenance execution (to get feedback from maintenance tradesmen on equipment status and planning/scheduling).
- Updating the completed tasks pertaining to inspections and re-check plant conditions after repair.
- Provide feedback if further Improvement is required.
- Analyze record, troubleshoot equipment problems and proffer procedure recommendations to section heads.
- RCA preparation for critical equipment breakdowns.
- Diagnose root cause and specify method of repair for plant equipment.
- Document projects and technical works by setting up necessary files and preparing appropriate records and reports.
- Responsible for maintenance records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance related matters.
- Prevent failure of equipment using all possible information and data available.
- Identify short medium and long-term action plans and maintenance strategies for equipment.
- Contribute to the best level of performance of plants equipment. Measure and monitor equipment conditions, analyze tends, and identify the needs for mechanical maintenance, taking into account production constraints.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical engineering, BSC or its equivalent (HND).
- Specific courses on Vibrations Analysis is essential.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in cement industries as vibration monitoring engineer, Ability to trouble shoots the problem & propose corrective actions.
- In depth knowledge of vibration analysis, oil analysis, wear measurement, thermography, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, radiography, Laser alignment etc.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding techniques, lubrication, and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate Knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement Mill, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.