Exciting Career Opportunities
Designation: Compliance Officer
Reporting Line: Manager Compliance
Business Unit: Compliance x 2
To proactively & constructively assist business to manage its responsibility to comply with all relevant legislative requirements so as to minimise compliance risks through the application of risk management principles, processes & procedures.
Key Outputs & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance risks in the Bank are appropriately identified and resolved to achieve satisfactory audits.
- Participate in and support Management and the Board in managing compliance risks in the Bank to ensure no concerns are expressed by regulators.
- Participate in the review of the in-country compliance policy and framework for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks and issues.
Regulatory reporting and interaction
- Ensure receipt and submission of routine governance reports on the bank’s status of compliance to achieve stakeholder satisfaction.
- Provide input into the completion of trends-based data analysis for Compliance risk incidents to ensure alignment with best practice.
- Conduct compliance reviews and, in situations of non-compliance, manage the escalation process (as per policy) to ensure action is taken by business to mitigate non-compliance issues raised in the issue log.
- Build professional stakeholder relationships, displaying excellent abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and present at all levels for a productive working environment.
Effective teamwork, self-management and mentoring with group values
- Promote a co-operative climate in working with others to achieve collective goals.
- Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed time-frames and according to quality standards to ensure that ongoing support is provided to the department.
- Clarify performance expectations of sta and work closely with them to grow their skills where needed.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits, English and Mathematics inclusive.
- Degree in Law, Business, Finance Audit, Risk Management or similar; Relevant post-graduate compliance qualification /certification (advantageous)
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum three years Compliance related work experience with substantial exposure to compliance risk management.
- Must meet “fit and proper” requirements of a Compliance Officer as prescribed by local regulators.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Interested Applicants who meet the job requirements should email their CV’s to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject field. Closing date: Tuesday, 3rd August 2021.
African Banking Corporation Zambia Limited T/A Atlas Mara. Registered Commercial Bank
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.