Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
COMMUNITY MOBILISATION OFFICER – (X2)
This role serves as the link between Plan International Zambia, the Schools and the Communities where the Implementation of the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with potential Project is being implemented. The incumbents are responsible for mobilizing the communities and implementing activities leading to effective ECD delivery to ensure the objectives of the Project are achieved. The incumbents will ensure facilitation of all the development activities done within the community are providing adequate support to the disadvantaged and vulnerable Children directly accessing an integrated package of community level ECD essential services, including improved young Children care giving and nurturing knowledge and skills among parents, community leaders and volunteers.
- Living in the District as part of Plan Global Immersion Strategy.
- Facilitate project activity implementation in the assigned area of operation.
- Facilitate effective participation of children, youths, women in the community and stakeholders in program activities.
- Participating in the community entry process, feasibility studies, risk analysis, baseline surveys, phase-in and phase-out strategies.
- Strengthening good working relationships with all stakeholders and holding regular meetings with community-based structures.
- Builds the capacity of school management teams, committees and volunteers to enhance COVID-19 guidelines compliance, mobilise enrolment of children especially girls at the established ECD centers.
- Representing Plan at all developmental meetings held in the community.
- Ensure that consent forms are signed by relevant parties whenever Project activities involve children and young people.
- Work with community groups to support, monitor and evaluate on-going activities in field.
- Ensure that all training events have a component of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
- Carry out sensitization and gender awareness in the community on quarterly basis.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree in Education or Development Studies or related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ practical working experience in a similar role in an NGO or Government related project environment.
- Willingness to ride a motor bike.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment with knowledge of language, cultural beliefs and values of community one is operating in.
- Experience facilitating meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Ability to build good relationships with various community groups.
- Ability to Identify the potential of community groups to deliver specific programs that promote the fulfillment of child rights.
- Ability to organize own work and work independently.
- Promotes high performance.
- Initiative and innovative.
- Report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Participatory methodologies.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Team-playing skills.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.