Ministry of Health
THE REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
LUSAKA PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICE
INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT – MINISTRY OF HEALTH (LUSAKA PROVINCE)
Lusaka Provincial Health Office (LPHO) with Support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons in Lusaka Province to fill the under listed positions:
Job Title: Community Field Officer (21)
Location: Health Facilities within Lusaka Province
Job Purpose: To coordinate community mobilization through community outreach programs and supervise the Community Health Workers in order to improve awareness and uptake of HIV/TB prevention, treatment, care and support services.
Reports to: Community Liaison Officer / Facility In-Charge
- Coordinates Support Groups and Community Based Organizations in order to create a strong and harmonious linkage between the community and health facility structures.
- Undertakes the provision of HIV testing and TB screening services to clients at Community and facility Level according to National HIV/TB Consolidated Guidelines
- Supervises Community Health Workers to promote retention in care in order to maintain continuum of care for HIV/TB prevention and treatment services.
- Supervises and undertakes community activities for TB contact tracing, defaulter tracing and active case finding to halt and eliminate TB in the community.
- Undertakes and supervises community activities with VMMC Foot Soldiers that create awareness and increase demand as well as uptake for VMMC services and link clients to appropriate care in order to reduce the incidence of HIV.
- Undertakes community activities to create awareness and demand and uptake for cervical cancer screening services in women to prevent cervical cancer in HIV positive women.
- Undertakes timely, preparations of budgets for the community in order to facilitate the acquisition of financial and material resources.
- Conducts mentorship and onsite trainings for Community Health Volunteers in order to improve awareness, uptake and treatment outcomes; and
- Monitors the performance of all Community HIV/TB Program targets in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) credits or better including Mathematics, Science and English;
- Diploma in Public Health, Social Work and Community Development
- Certificate in Psychosocial Counselling will be an added advantage
- At least Two (2) years relevant job experience, preferably in a HIV/TB program.
- Computer literate, with competency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Good proficiency in oral and written English as well interpersonal skills
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity;
- Trustworthy and Honest;
- Must be a Team player and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates currently employed under the Ministry of Health in Lusaka Province are encouraged to apply for one position only. Candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration with relevant Professional Bodies and valid Practicing Licenses where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 14th July, 2021. An attractive package will be offered to successful applicants who will be appointed on Contract for an initial period of One (1) Year subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applications should be clearly marked with the position being applied for and applicants should provide valid phone numbers for ease of communication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Provincial Health Director
Lusaka Provincial Health Office
Plot Number 3 Saise Road, Longacres
P.O. Box 32573