People In Need (PIN)
Position: Communication Intern
Location: Lusaka or Mongu (with frequent travels)
Period: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Application deadline: 20.09.2021
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for a young, energetic individual with passion for developing communication and visibility content, ready to assist our teams in the field.
- Producing case studies, press releases, blog pieces, articles and other communications material about PIN’s overall activities, projects and beneficiaries directly in the field or in close cooperation with PIN teams.
- Creating short videos, photos and managing the photo archive of PIN projects and activities and assisting in the production of videos and photos prepared by external contractors
- Sharing collected materials with CD, PMs, HQ Communication & Advocacy Department on a regular basis
- Networking with journalists and actively pitching stories to national news outlets and journalists, providing information about the programs and coordinating between the media and project staff, and accompanying journalists (national and international) on field visits
- Maintaining the journalist contact list
- Managing PIN Cambodia’s social media platforms, particularly Facebook, by creating and sharing engaging content regularly
- Regularly reviewing and drafting project visibility and communication plans in close collaboration with program managers and project staff
- Creating and updating information materials (brochures, leaflets, annual reports, etc.) about PIN’s work in collaboration with project teams and ensuring they are in line with PIN’s brand.
- Organizing promotional, communications and other key events for PIN and secure the presence of the media. This may include acting as moderator.
Identifying innovations and best practices and provide regular training and advice to PIN staff in regards to visibility and communication (e.g. good/bad practices in visibility and communication, speaking to the media, case study information gathering, etc.)
- Submitting a report to the line manager outlining updates and highlights each week.
- Assisting with other project-related tasks as assigned by the line manager
- Creating PIN visibility materials such as t-shirts, banners and publications while ensuring they comply with donor requirements (i.e. disclaimers, size and type of logo, etc.) in collaboration with project staff and logistics department
Skills and Qualifications expectations/skills
- Demonstrates excellent ability to write, take photos and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism
- Growing experience in public relations, communications or using basic advocacy tools
- Ability to instruct colleagues working in the field regarding communication tasks
- Ability to outsource graphic designers or videographers
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.