Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone
Lusaka South Multi-Facility Economic Zone Limited (LS MFEZ) was established by Government of the Republic of Zambia as a state owed enterprise under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry with a mandate to develop, operate and manage Zambia’s only state-owned economic zone, the Lusaka South Multi-Facility Economic Zone. The company is registered under the Companies Act and commenced operations in 2012.
We are seeking to recruit a vibrant, goal-oriented individual for the position of Commercial Officer. The ideal candidate shall report to the Head – Commercial and Marketing based at Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone, situated on plot F10723, Chifwema Road off Leopards Hill Road in Lusaka
1) COMMERCIAL OFFICER
KEY RESULT AREA
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (MAIN DUTIES)
- Banking Cash and Cheques received form customers.
- Reconciliation of cash and receipts for the day
- Data entry and processing of sales reports, daily weekly and monthly
- Ensure Collection and distribution of utility service bills.
- Maintain and update utility database for ease of reporting.
- Ensure safe and secured cash management and handling process is adhered to
- Ensure cashiers have cash float for the day from accounts department
- Ensure opening the toll booth and setting up the cash register are done before each shift can begin.
- Collecting Cash from the cashiers at the end of each shift.
- Ensure office sales of Car stickers, gate passes are conducted
- Plan staff shift rotation and ensure adherence to the schedule
- Facilitating free flow of traffic by providing directions to motorists entering and exiting the zone. Informing motorists of accidents, constructions, obstructions and detours on the road ahead
- Facilitates provision of customer services (including information service on the investment environment and information on investors in the Zone.
- Strengthen working relationships with clients in the zone, utilizing excellent communication techniques.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Ensure all investors entitled to free gate passes are issued with one.
- Escalate reports of persistent motorists who refuse to pay the toll fees to management in order to address the issue with the said investor/ motorist.
- Maintain client data base/ files for ease of issuance of motor vehicle Discs.
- Ensure implementation of cash management systems.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree in any business-related field
- Work experience as a retail cashier or in a similar role in sales is an added advantage.
- Experience supervising retail cashiers and data entry staff
- Experience in debt collection is added advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to lead others
- Comfortable working with huge amount of cash
- Good communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- A positive attitude
Candidates who meet the required qualifications are encourage to apply by submitting their application addressed to The Managing Director together with an updated Curriculum Vitae, copy of National Registration Card and certified copies of academic and professional certificates not later than Friday 7th September, 2021 via email@example.com
The Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without discrimination on basis of Colour, tribe, race, religion, belief, gender, disability, marital status, ethnicity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.