Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID – Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire No.: RTCZ22-011
Date advertised: 23 May 2022
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Position: Clinical Officer General
Location: Lunchinda RHC, Chiengi District
No. of Vacancies: 1
Contract duration: Until 30 September 2023
Contract type: Fixed Term
Job grade: TBA
Reporting to: District Technical Officer
Contact email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Vacancy25
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences with a reputable institution with 3 years working experience
- Trained in advanced ART Management
- Trained in PMTCT and EID services
- Trained in HIV Counselling, testing and ART Adherence
- Trained in HIV Paediatric treatment, support, and care services.
- Experience working in ART management at facility and Community levels respectively, with broad understanding of the collaborative aspect of community vs Facility leverages
- Trained in PHC and ART health care systems and community-based health programming for HIV
- Training certificate in Male Circumcision Surgical Skills
- Training certificate in Cervical Cancer screening and management
- Member of Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- 4 years’ experience as a Clinical Officer General in a Community health/Hospital setting
- Understanding of Lab baselines and investigations such as VL cascade etc.
- Knowledge on various ART related documentation such as TPT, DSD models, SVS, MMSD, HIVST, PrEP, PEP etc
- Health care service delivery background
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Customer Orientation
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills and ability to determine priorities
- Professional Ethics
- Counselling skills
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Implement targeted, high yield testing strategies
- Initiate 95 percent of those who newly test positive through rapid initiation protocols at the facility and in the community
- Monitor VL suppression rates, scale-up VL testing services, including increasing testing capacity, demand creation, specimen transport, and result utilization
- Provision of Nutrition Assessment & Counselling (NACS) to the eligible clients to improve aherence, retention and viral load suppression.
- Provide age-band targeted VMMC to avert new infections and reduce the spread of HIV
- Implement PrEP among high-risk key and priority populations.
- Provide Cervical Cancer screening to all the eligible women in the facilities
- Implement differentiated service delivery (DSD) models to improve adherence, retention, and ultimately viral suppression
- Conduct quality control projects and improvement every month to improve quality care to clients
- Ensure data quality control quantitative through timely input of data
- Submission of reports on respective organisation platforms requiring your monitoring and reporting input
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
To apply for this job please visit www.devex.com.