Beit CURE Hospital
Beit CURE Hospital is a children’s charity hospital founded by a Christian Mission Organization, CURE International. We specialize in the surgical treatment of disabilities in Orthopedics and ENT. Position Details:
Reports to: Head of Anesthesia
Purpose of the Role:
- To provide high quality clinical care to patients of Beit CURE Hospital.
- Key skill requirements / competencies
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery
- Offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients’ conditions throughout procedures
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like x-rays and laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery
- Manage anesthetic services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses and other healthcare support staff
- Able to operate Theatre equipment
- Clerking, diagnosing and treating of patients
- To provide quality medical care under the supervision and direction of Consultants
- Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning
- Attend ward rounds and conduct day to day review of patients
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Follow the instructions of consultants for their specific regime for each individual patient.
- Competent in pre- and post-operative management of surgical patients.
- To provide assistance with surgical procedures as directed by the Consultant to which assigned
- To be completely familiar with emergency equipment and procedures
- Maintain good communications with all areas and disciplines within the health service and with local medical facilities to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the hospital
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters
- Should be skilled in general and regional anesthetic techniques
- Respect patients’ rights and uphold patient confidentiality
- Undertakes other duties when and as required
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring medico-legal correspondence are completed with minimal delay
- Be aware of and adhere to all Beit CURE Hospital policies and procedures
Follow medical ethics according to the Health professions Council of Zambia guidelines and regulations
Job Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and/or advanced Diploma in clinical anesthesia
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Clinical Officer Anesthetist.
- HPCZ Full Registration
- Skilled at intubation and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia
- To participate in clinical meetings that are undertaken by the clinical unit where stationed
- To participate in continual professional improvement and medical education Programs
- All Applications to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate position applied for in the subject matter failure to which may disadvantage you to be shortlisted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Beit CURE International Hospital
Plot No. 34872a Great North Road, Lusaka
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.