Marie Stopes Zambia
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare. MSZ is part of the global network that is MSI Reproductive Choices (MSI). MSZ subscribes to the MSI goal and mission, which is to prevent unwanted births and to ensure the individual’s right to Children by Choice not Chance.
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully support the concept of Child Protection, zero tolerance for fraud and bribery and comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered.
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) seeks a Clinical Officer to run a Health Care Unit (HCU) in a high density area in Ndola. MSZ seeks a talented individual with proven skills and experience who will work collaboratively within the Business Development team to provide quality primary care and reproductive health services to the community. The individual must subscribe to the highest standards of clinical quality and client care.
Reporting to: The Centres Channel Lead
- Provides the complete SRH package including FP (family planning), ANC (antenatal care), HIV counselling and testing, STI treatment, MC (male circumcision), care for victims of SGBV (sexual gender based violence) and safe abortion care according to MSZ clinical protocols and any other service identified by MSZ
- Counselling of clients and provision of advice for family planning, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and other SRH services
- Perform and/or assist with surgical procedures at community outreach sites (including BTLs, MVA, implant insertion/removal, circumcision)
- Preparation of procedure rooms and/or setup of treatment room for specified procedures
- Prescribe and dispense drugs as required
- General management of the Health Care Unit
Proper use of medical equipment and supplies
- Ensures the correct disinfection and sterilization of equipment, instruments, material, linen, and premises according to MSZ protocols
- Maintaining instruments and equipment e.g. to avoid rusty and broken items
- Notifies the Centre Lead and/or outreach coordinator of repairs, maintenance or replacements of equipment and instruments
- Ensure proper stock management i.e. proper storage of medical supplies, ordering supplies in good time to avoid stock outs, regular stock counts.
Client centered care
- Work in partnership with clients and make the care of clients the first concern
- Listen to clients and provide methods and care to respond to clients concerns and preferences
- Give clients the adequate information they need or want in a way they can understand
- Respect and support clients’ rights to make their own decisions
- Proper counselling of clients, to be responsive to client needs, and to recognize potential medical problems and deal with them or refer them as appropriate
- Adherence to MSZ and MOH clinical guidelines
- Implementing a smooth, efficient client flow to reduce waiting time
- Monitoring and evaluating client care continuously and recommending adjustments as necessary
- Ensure that emergency equipment is always available and in good working condition
- Ensure that appropriate emergency drugs are always available and have not expired
- Manage complications promptly and transfer clients following emergency preparedness and client transfer guidelines
- Prepare incident reports for any complication that occurs
- Follows the appropriate waste management protocol
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness by following infection prevention guidelines including specific safety measurements.
Administration and facility management of Health Care Unit (HCU)
- Welcoming and receiving clients
- Receipting clients using the Health Record Management System (EHR)
- Daily reconciliation of sales
- Reconciliation with finance department of all sales and deposits
- Maintaining accurate records
- Collecting of data and production of monthly reports
- Timely sending of management reports to line manager
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Be able to compile weekly and monthly HCU reports in consultation with the Centres Channel Lead as required by MSZ
- Follow up on clients to ensure they are doing well after the service
- Participate in the client satisfaction surveys as required by the MSZ M&E Officer
- Promotion of MSZ services through information and education programmes, cross-selling and other marketing/promotion activities at the HCU
- Working closely with other health professionals such as MOH staff
- Keeping up to date with medical technology through frequent updates.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine (required) from a reputable institution
- Experience in providing FP and other SRH services
- Preferred NGO experience
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Strong written, reading and spoken English language skills
- Ability to support and train other health providers
- IT Literate
- Ability to cope up with difficult clients and situations
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services
- Experience working in a target driven, time pressured environment and work with minimal supervision
- Be able to work in any HCU within or outside their station when requested
- Provide good standards of care as per MSI guidelines
- Adhere to MSI standards on data protection
- Income generation and business mindedness
- Committed to Reproductive Health
- Believe in the role of the private sector to deliver quality healthcare
- Effective Coach/mentor
- High standards of performance and commitment to excellence
- Must be pro-choice
Note: MSI takes a zero tolerance approach to fraud and bribery, terrorism, money laundering, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct or any safeguarding issues. Applicants will be subjected to a Police Clearance Check and Reference Checks.
Deadline for applications: Friday 28th May, 2021. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above qualifications and skills need apply. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.