Zambia Gold Company Limited
Zambia Gold Company Limited (Zambia Gold) was incorporated on 10 January 2020. Zambia Gold (the ‘Company’) is co-owned by ZCCM Investments Holdings Plc with a 51% stake and the Ministry of Finance owning the remaining 49% stake. Zambia Gold is mandated to lead the development of the gold sector in Zambia by undertaking commercial activities for the benefit of all stakeholders. In order to achieve this objective, Zambia Gold Company will broadly undertake the following activities:
- Acquire exploration licenses and carry out mineral exploration with a focus on gold (either directly or in partnership with other entities)
- Develop and operate mines for gold and other precious minerals
- Refining, grading, producing, cutting and processing of gold and other precious minerals
- Buying and selling of gold and other minerals
- Support artisanal mining operations and transforming these into commercially viable activities
- Pursue value addition opportunities in the precious metals sector
In order to achieve this mission, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who are innovative, energetic and performance-driven to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Civil Engineer x1
Report to: Manager Engineering Services
To handle all matters relating to civil engineering construction and maintenance in the company. Maintain at all times high standards of Safety and Environmental management expected for the operations.
- Develop a detailed operational plan relating to civil works for the Company
- Attend to all new civil engineering construction works and designs (roads, buildings, water dams, tailings dams, drainages etc.)
- Attend to all civil engineering faults and repairs.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of all civil engineering works in the company.
- Ensure that materials required for civil engineering works are available.
- Initiate procurement of required civil engineering materials for both new and old projects on site.
- Carry out all new installations and modifications of civil engineering works as directed by the supervisors.
- Ensure that any work is carried out in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Ensure that all equipment relating to civil engineering works are in good operating state
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual civil engineering status reports.
Qualifications and experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering or its equivalent
- Master Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 7 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budget
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Complete knowledge of relevant legislation
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
Valid Driver’ s license
Zambia Gold Company Limited provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, colour, tribe, disability, or religion.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced persons should send their application together with certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; a detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and copy of the NRC should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 23rd July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Gold Company Limited
Kudu Road, Kabulonga
Download the document here: ZGCL Advertisement 11 July 2021