Child Protection Officer, NO2, Post # 87867, Fixed Term Appointment, Lusaka Zambia
Job no: 541945
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Child Protection, Communication for Development (C4D)
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Children deserve the best and we never give up.
For every child, Protection …
The UNICEF Programme of Cooperation with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) is designed to address and mitigate the threat of poverty the country’s children face, while responding to the needs with interventions addressing the multiple causative factors.
To find out more about UNICEF’s work in Zambia, please visit https://www.unicef.org/zambia/.
How can you make a difference?
Take this opportunity to join the vibrant Child Protection Team. Under the overall guidance of the Chief Child Protection, the incumbent will provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection and C4D programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results. H/She prepares, executes, manages, and implements a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Support in strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Detailed Terms of Reference can be viewed here Child Protection Officer Level 2.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have;
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law, or another relevant social science field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection related areas is required.
- Relevant experience in programme development in child protection related areas in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, we serve you
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies required in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships (I)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (I)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (I)
- Innovates and embraces change (I)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (I)
- Thinks and acts strategically (I)
- Works collaboratively with others (I)
View our competency framework here; Competency Framework – 2020.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 22 Jul 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.