Website Zambia Tourism Agency
The Zambia Tourism Agency (ZTA) is a Statutory Body established under the Tourism and Hospitality Act No. 13 of 2015. The Act mandates the Zambia Tourism Agency to effectively market and promote Zambia as a tourism and travel destination of choice and to regulate the tourism industry.
The Zambia Tourism Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reporting to the Board Chairperson, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for overseeing the marketing of Zambia as a tourist destination of choice and the regulation of the tourism and hospitality industry in order to increase tourist arrivals, earnings and promote competitiveness in the industry.
- Oversees effectively the marketing and promoting of Zambia’s tourism products in order to facilitate increase in arrivals.
- Oversees regularly the licensing of tourism enterprises in order to ensure compliance to statutory requirements
- Oversees periodically the development and review of Tourism and Hospitality Standards in order to make Zambia a more competitive destination
- Oversees effectively corporate communication activities in order to build and maintain a positive image for the Institution.
- Oversees effectively the procurement and supply of goods, services and works in order to facilitate their availability, storage and distribution
- Oversees effectively the monitoring and evaluation of marketing, standards and licensing programmes in order to facilitate decision making
- Ensures effectively the implementation of performance management in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance
- Ensures effectively management of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate achievement of set objectives
Qualifications, Experience and Personal attributes:
- Full Form V/Grade 12 School Certificate
- BA in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Marketing Management or equivalent
- 15 years’ work experience, 6 of which must be at senior management level
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Computer literate
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Interested candidates with necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the jobs should submit their applications attaching detailed CVs and certified copies of educational and professional certificates to the address below on or before Wednesday, 7th April, 2021.
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Zambia Tourism Agency
Corner Great East Road and Kalembwe Close
P.O. Box 30017