Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
BEMCONSULT has been engaged by one of it’s Client, a General Insurance Company to assist in the identification and recruitment of a Strategic and Visionary Leader.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible to the Board of Directors for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial performance of the company through visionary leadership, effective management of the executive team, adherence to company policies, regulations and the Insurance Act. Take a lead in optimizing shareholder value and ensuring sustained profitable growth. Promoting the image, reputation of the Company and developing a good working relationship with all stakeholders and Customers.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Leading and overseeing formulation, implementation and review of the Strategic Plan, business plan, procurement plan and annual work plan of the Company and reporting to the Board;
- Liaises with the Chair of the Board to enable the Board fulfil its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members;
- Ensure investment policies prepared and signed off by the Board for investing both shareholder and policy holder funds.
- Increase the financial resources for coordinating effective marketing opportunities through sponsorships, trade-outs, partnership marketing and merchant involvement.
- Explore new business opportunities which will translate into sustainable profitability and business growth
- Source and Manage Corporate and Government Key Accounts
- Development of a portfolio of customers across a range of private retail and corporate as well as public sector entities to provide company’s financial services
- Overseer the development and Implementation of Sales and Marketing of different Insurance products and services
- Take the lead in promoting excellent internal and external customer experience, growth and profitability in line with the organization’s mission.
- Assure a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff and ensures an effective process for selecting, developing, motivating, and evaluating staff;
- Communicating effectively with the Government and its agencies, regulated entities, employees, other stakeholders, and members of the public;
- Take the lead in ensuring that the company follows insurance policies in line with Zambian and international regulations.
- Manage the business risks to produce an effective and cost appropriate Risk mitigation structure.
- Develop a Direct Corporate business, Broker led and Bancassurance channels
- Working with the Sales and Marketing Head, plan and take charge of setting-up of new branches in the provincial centres in Zambia.
- Oversee the development and implementation of systems that ensure a consistent and Excellent Customer Experience
- Maintain rapport with different customer segments through regular interaction
- Ensuring the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitoring compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with local laws, the Charter of the company; company and company policies, procedures, plans and agreements; decisions of company governing bodies
- Resolve compliance issues via institutionalized channels of company governing bodies using appropriate management judgment
- Evaluate the effectiveness of key marketing activities in terms of sales results, consumer response and publicity value.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Marketing in conducting and evaluating marketing primary and secondary research, as needed, to evaluate product and services effectiveness.
- Take the lead in the development, administration and maintenance of the complete, yearly allocated marketing budget, including non-event and non-advertising related items.
- Work with the Head of Sales and Marketing to manage and monitor the marketing team in the implementation of the set marketing plans
- Work with the HR Head to cultivate a high-performance working environment, sense of belonging (“team spirit”), and affinity to the company’s mission and brand values among the work force.
Required Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Effective communication skills
- Specialist knowledge in insurance
- Strong negotiation and reporting skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Good mentorship and coaching skills
- Excellent Report and speech writing skills
- Good analytical, investigative and inspection skills
- Good Leadership and supervision skills
- Strong organization and inter personal skills
- Highly Ethical and integrity
- Accountability & Disciplined
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Insurance, Law, Banking, Finance, Actuarial Science or Business Studies
- An MBA with a specialization in any of the above fields or related
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in General Insurance in the Same Capacity or at Senior Management Level
- Must have 3-4 practical experience in Insurance Sales and a minimum 3 years in Underwriting
- Senior Management experience in a Primary Underwriting Institution
- Proven work experience of both Insurance and Pension Management will be plus
- Proven people management skills
- Strategic planning exposure a must
- Must be well vested with Zambian laws regulating financial transactions, insurance & tax requirements
- Must have sound relations with Regulators in the Insurance sector
- Must be flexible enough to travel
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and supervise overall budgetary and fiscal operations.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with people from all walks of life, especially clients, their families, staff and Board members
- Must be a member of a relevant professional body (i.e. IAZ)
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.