First Capital Bank Limited
Join our Team!!!
Be part of an exciting team! If you are a self-starter, looking for a challenging, yet exciting opportunity to grow your career then this is for you!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidates to
fill the following positions:
Chief Credit Officer
The Chief Credit Officer will ensure effective monitoring and control of the Credit department
and compliance to Group Credit Policy and Bank of Zambia (BOZ) regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure credit risk governance adherence as well as implement governance specifications as per the Credit Policy.
- Ensure that portfolio and segment level policies, standards, minimum requirements, and interpretations of regulations are in place.
- Review and challenge Institutional risk mandates for consistency with risk appetite.
- Formulate credit strategy based on target market and products, in alignment with the Group.
- Ensure robust credit origination and approval processes within approved delegated mandates, credit policy and risk appetite are in place.
- Ensure that measurement and assessment of credit risk is done through appropriate risk quantification and use of ratings and supporting quantitative or qualitative models.
- Ensure that regular stress testing is done and that remedial measures are taken were necessary.
- Ensure appropriate policies and structure in place to manage excesses, expired limits, and covenants.
- Monitor compliance with risk appetite, credit mandates and limits and report breaches and actions to the Credit Management Committee and monitor compliance with decisions.
- Consistent reporting of credit information and aggregation into Institution and segment views for reporting to Group Credit.
- Perform credit stress tests across at the segment and Institution level and present outcomes at credit committee.
- Ensure compliance with the Credit impairment framework as well as monitor credit impairment levels for adequacy and present the portfolio’s impairment results to Group Credit monthly.
- Ensure structures are in place with appropriate policies to achieve the most optimal recovery processes for the benefit of the Institution in terms of robust and well documented recovery processes.
- Ensure sufficient systems and processes exist to report credit risk data and management information including regulatory returns.
- Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements, processes, methodologies, and standards.
- Ensure that appropriate infrastructure to enable credit risk management, including exposure and limit management systems, credit risk reporting and analysis systems and consolidation of
exposures (“one customer view” system capability), stress testing infrastructure and regulatory data quality are implemented and maintained.
- Appraise and prepare Credit proposals including analysis of financial statements, identification, mitigation and management of Risks.
- Ensure that monthly returns are submitted to BOZ within the set deadlines and ensure the Bank is in compliance with all prudential regulations.
- Submit reports to Credit Committee on Credit matters and preparation of credit committee files and minutes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences or any related field.
- A Master’s Degree or MBA in Finance would be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in credit underwriting/analysis, credit evaluation and
- At least five years (05) years’ experience at senior management/department Head
- Business awareness, leadership, and management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Computer and numeracy skills, with strong skills required for /Excel and Credit
- Credit underwriting and decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all
- Must have high integrity and must be approachable.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a Banking environment.
- Experience in dealing with Senior/Executive Management.
- Good knowledge of Bank of Zambia guidelines and other relevant Credit related
- Experience of presenting to and communicating with senior management and the
Only suitably qualified, experienced, and skilled candidates are encouraged to apply for these
roles. Applications are to be sent by email, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and a
Cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line the
position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st January 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.