Website Brilliant Executive Management
Job Category: Banking
Phone: +260 950 692990
This role reports into Managing Director and is part of the Exco team.
The Chief Credit Officer will ensure effective monitoring and control of the Credit department and compliance to Group Credit Policy and Bank of Zambia (BOZ) regulations. Ensure credit risk governance adherence as well as implement governance specifications as per the Group Credit Policy. Ensure that portfolio and segment level policies, standards, minimum requirements, and interpretations of regulations are in place. Review and challenge Institutional risk mandates for consistency with Group risk appetite.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Formulate credit strategy based on target market and products, in alignment with the Group.
- Ensure robust credit origination and approval processes within approved delegated mandates, credit policy and risk appetite are in place.
- Ensure that measurement and assessment of credit risk is done through appropriate risk quantification and use of ratings and supporting quantitative or qualitative models.
- Ensure that stress testing is done and that remedial measures are taken were necessary.
- Ensure that legal and operational risk requirements are adhered to by the Bank.
- Ensure appropriate policies and structure in place to manage excesses, expired limits and covenants.
- Monitor compliance with risk appetite, credit mandates and limits and report breaches and actions to Group Credit and monitor compliance with decisions.
- Consistent reporting of credit information and aggregation into Institution and segment views for reporting to Group Credit.
- Perform credit stress tests across at the segment and Institution level and present outcomes at credit committee.
- Ensure compliance with the Group Credit impairment framework as well as monitor credit impairment levels for adequacy and present the portfolio’s impairment results to Group Credit on a monthly basis.
- Ensure structures are in place with appropriate policies to achieve the most optimal recovery processes for the benefit of the Institution in terms of robust and well documented recovery processes.
- Ensure sufficient systems and processes exist to report credit risk data and management information including regulatory returns.
- Ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements, processes, methodologies and standards.
- Ensure that appropriate infrastructure to enable credit risk management, including exposure and limit management systems, credit risk reporting and analysis systems and consolidation of exposures (“one customer view” system capability), stress testing infrastructure and regulatory data quality are implemented and maintained.
- Appraise and prepare Credit proposals including analysis of financial statements, identification, mitigation and management of Risks.
- Ensure that monthly returns are submitted to BOZ within the set deadlines and ensure the Bank is in compliance with all prudential regulations.
- Submit reports to Credit Committee on Credit matters and preparation of credit committee files and minutes.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Business awareness, leadership and management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to understand detailed information.
- Computer and numeracy skills, with strong skills required for /Excel and Credit Workflow systems.
- Credit underwriting and decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels.
- Must have high integrity and must be approachable.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences or any related field
- Master’s Degree or MBA in Finance would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of at least seven (7) years’ experience in credit underwriting/analysis, credit evaluation and control in a Banking environment
- At least three years (03) years’ experience at senior management/department Head level
- Experience in dealing with Senior/Executive Management
- Good knowledge of Bank of Zambia guidelines and other relevant Credit related Regulations including Basel II
- Experience of presenting to and communicating with senior management and the Board
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services
QUALIFIED FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR ABOVE THE POSITION
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.