Dangote Cement Zambia
- Monitor various sections of the production line from the Central Control Room (CCR) to ensure precision and adherence to standards in the cement production process.
- Provide relevant information and direction to Patrollers and Operators in the production line based on monitored operations in liaison with the Shift Coordinators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing Dangote Cement’s approved production plan.
- Monitor and control all sections of the plant process lines to ensure stable equipment operation, employee safety and compliance with prescribed standards and environmental activities accordingly.
- Log in process data at specified intervals; document and report operational activities accordingly.
- Ensure smooth operation of the crushers, raw mills, kilns and cement mills by providing constant feedback and relevant guidance to Process Engineers, Field attendants and Machine Operators in execution of field work
- Inform Field Attendants and Operators of failures, potential failures or trouble spots and provide direction for problem solving.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot potential operating problems, either in consultation with Shift Coordinators, Engineers and the Section Head or independently when immediate action is necessary to ensure production resumes.
- Continuously review the plant automation system and make recommendations for improvement based on leading practices.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Process / Production Manager.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the Cement or Lime Industry.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.