Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy (BEM Consult)
Job Title: Cashier
Ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customer’s products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Receiving payments, issuing receipts, purchased products packages ensuring to track all sales and that all transactions run smoothly
- Provide excellent service in maximizing customer satisfaction as per standard Retail operating procedure and policy on reorder levels and non-expiration of products as per assigned location.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Work with the Store Manager in processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Ensure that the Store is clean at all times so make customers enjoy their shopping experience
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- In the absence of the Store Manager handle merchandise returns and exchanges and Customer Complaints
Required Skills & Attributes
- Good Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic and high level of accuracy
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Warm Personality
- Eye for detail
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Accounts or Business Field
- Must have a minimum of 02 years work experience as a Cashiering or in a similar role in Sales
- Should be familiar with electronic equipment, like Cash Register and POS
- Must be computer literate and conversant with Ms Office (mostly Word & Excel)
- Must be Customer-centric
- Proven ability of handling transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Must have a courteous approach to resolving complaints.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy-in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.