Jumbo Wholesale Zambia Limited
Jumbo Wholesale is a low cost, no frills wholesale business providing General Merchandise, Cosmetics & Food products in bulk to a range of independent traders & commercial users in Southern Africa. Jumbo – The Giant of Africa offers you a wider range, great deals, improved services and a better shopping experience.
We believe in cultivating relationships, team work, excellent customer service, simplicity, innovation and keeping our promises.
We currently seek to fill the position of Cash Office Clerk.
- Collate the totals of cheques, coupons , RD cheques received during the day and run up the cash register totals in denominations and methods of payment.
- Check and record totals of all denominations and methods of payment; ensure the correctness of postdated cheques and check for other errors on cheques as these cannot be banked.
- Ensure adherence to cash up procedure when cashing up cashiers individually.
- Adherence to float procedure and ensure that each cashier signs for their own float.
- Ensure security procedure is followed with regard to bulk banking.
- Ensure that Bulk Banking is done daily for all cashiers.
- Accurately complete cheques deposit slips incl. seal numbers
- Maintain and update relevant diaries, bank postdated cheques and bank them on the correct/relevant days.
- Ensure erroneous cheques are sent to the debtors controller and that new correct cheques are banked.
- Balance each cashiers report for shortages/ overs and mistakes.
- Query anomalies with debtors controller and effect adjustments.
- Obtain cheques for rebates and advertising from the administration manager on a daily bases.
- Safely store unclaimed cheques for 3 weeks and then re-bank on instruction from group financial manager.
- Ensure timeous replenishment of petty cash by acquiring the necessary approval from the group financial manager.
- Change the cheques into cash in till situated at reception with the debtors controller.
- Accurately record daily banking, postdated and RD cheques, coupons, shorts, overs, rebates, advertising, VAT and totals of what has been banked on applicable schedule and handover to bookkeeper.
- Escalate identified problems to relevant manager
- Verify information on all paperwork received thoroughly to ensure correct information
- Greet customers in a friendly manner, be polite, courteous and helpful at all times.
- Respond to customer complaints with empathy and ensure the issue is resolved accurately in the shortest possible time. (Escalate complex complaints to management)
- Adhere to all safety regulations
- Ensure that your department and workstation are kept clean and tidy at all times
- 2-4 years related experience as Cash Office Clerk or in similar Role/Capacity (Preferably Retail).
- Minimum of Diploma or Degree in Finance or Banking related course or programme.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Quality & service orientated
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Must pay attention to detail, work well under pressure and be willing to go the extra mile.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia.Recruitment@masscash.co.za.