The Business Risk Specialist is responsible for proactively monitoring risk and developing interventions to address any risks identified to ensure minimal disruptions to revenue-generating business operations. The role also helps in setting and maintaining Risk Type Frameworks for assigned business risks and ensuring that the core elements of risk management cycle are covered.
- Monitor business risks and develop interventions to address any risks identified to ensure minimal disruptions to business operations.
- Assist in the development of compliance management plans with relevant stakeholders, where applicable.
- Carry out risk reviews of revenue-generating business operations within the authority and in NAPSA-controlled entities.
- Provide input into the development of risk strategies and business development.
- Provide advice on investment strategies and proposals.
- Assist in developing risk-type frameworks for business risks to cover:
- a. Risk management principles
- b. Approach to policies to control and mitigate the Business Risks and their risk sub- types
- c. Second-line processes for oversight and challenge
- d. Key roles and responsibilities covering first and second lines
- e. Decision making authorities and delegation of authorities
- f. Approach to risk data aggregation, risk reporting and data quality.
- g. Risk assessment methods to assess likelihood and materiality of impact.
- h. Risk sub-types and the risk identification process to review existing or new risk types that have changed in terms of relative importance.
- Monitor the management of risk to identify gaps in the internal controls in place, to ensure appropriate strategies are identified and implemented.
- Train staff on risks and controls available for use, in order to build a culture that is responsive to risk management.
- Identify current and emerging risks to ensure appropriate strategies are developed in a timely manner to proactively manage risks.
- Provide input in the development of risk assessment and measurement systems to ensure the availability of quality tools that support effective management of risk.
- Conduct periodic review and update of policies, processes and procedures to ensure that they are responsive to the operating environment.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better, including Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent.
- Relevant risk management certifications (e.g., Certified Risk Analyst, Certified Enterprise Risk Manager) or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Required
- Not less than four (4) years’ experience in risk management in a pension, financial industry, or other industry where the profession is practiced.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.