Zambia National Commercial Bank PLC
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Information Technology Division under the Enterprise Applications & Business Intelligence Department at Head Office: –
Business Intelligence Specialist (X1)
The function is responsible for the support and provision of day to day running of the entire BI and ETL Management processes that support central development and delivery of business segment and business unit performance information and the preparation of statistical information to management and various users within the Bank as well as provide timely and accurate strategic and management information requirements for decision making and also support the business with business intelligence and business Support.
Under the supervision of the Senior Specialist – BI and ETL Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
- Support the central development and delivery of business segment and business unit performance reports.
- Automation of efficient, functional self-service key business/divisional reports delivery and ensure the failed reports are reprocessed.
- Perform data analytics, monitor analytics and metrics results.
- Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
- Provide support for accounting initiatives during external and internal annual audits.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to standardized business intelligence systems procedures on SAP Business Objects (SAP BO) for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Coordination of the consolidation of cyclical performance and accountability reports, financial statements for prudential reporting to financial reporting team.
- Development and maintenance of efficient functional self-service reports and the coordination of data retrieval as well as ensure that OLAP, queries and reports performed on various business Systems.
- Ensure the identification and placement of initiatives that mitigate reporting challenges to meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
- Provide support for day to day ETL management to pull data from source systems into Datawarehouse to ensure data consolidation for centralized Reporting.
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Evaluate risk likelihood and impact and prioritize them for analysis and response planning.
- Ensure that all risks applicable to your area are identified, assessed, reported and captured in the risk register.
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting of risk events within the stipulated time line (i.e. 7 calendar days).
- Ensure all emerging risks are reported and mitigating factors put in place.
- Identify, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators (KRIs).
- Ensure operations are within the given risk appetites and report any breaches promptly.
- Implement and close all audit recommendations, identified control weaknesses from Risk RCSAs, consultancy reports or customer complaints and risk events.
- Participate in the annual review of procedure manuals when requested.
- Familiarization with and adherence to the Zanaco Enterprise Risk Management Framework and participate in Risk Management Trainings organized by IRM.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
- External: Regulators, External Auditors
- Internal: All internal Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Computing and Information Systems or IT related Degree,
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- At least four (4) years’ experience working in similar function
- Certification in BI & Data Analytics an added advantage
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Research/information gathering skills
- Customer focused
- Networking skills
- Stakeholder management
- Budget management
- Result orientated
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, 17th November 2021.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.