Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org.
Amref Health Africa in Zambia is inviting suitably qualified applicants for the following position to be based at the Head Office in Lusaka.
Main purpose of the job
The Business Development Officer is part of the organization’s Business Development Unit (BDU) responsible for contributing to securing funding from Multilateral donors (EU, USAID, CDC, FCDO, World Bank) and Foundations at the Country level. The Business Development Officer (BDO) is responsible for tracking and identifying funding opportunities for the organization. The BD Officer works with the country team and the HQ Business Development Unit to develop resource mobilization plans, implement and executing the RM plans. The BD Officer provides support to proposal development activities including pre-solicitation / pre-proposal activities to proposal development and management and external engagement and Networking.
- Identify relevant upcoming funding opportunities, track grant forecasts and using resources for advance intelligence gathering.
- Lead and manage the development and writing of winning proposals for the Zambia Office
- Develop strategies for seeking new funding opportunities for the Zambia Office
- Maintain close working relationships with Amref Health Africa –HQ Business Development department to maximize resources and fundraising opportunities for Amref Health Africa.
- Collaborate with the SMT, identify high-level potential prospects, secure meetings and write concept papers and proposals in response to funding opportunities.
- Information and intelligence gathering for new prospects of call for proposals.
- Liaising with various Managers to ensure adequate quality and flow of concepts and proposals
- Ensure that all proposals developed align with Amref vision, mission and strategy.
- Leading /supporting program staff in AMREF Zambia office to identify, design and develop funding proposals for new program interventions
- Scoping the AMREF environment for concept notes that warrant development and ensure the development happens.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts, public health, international development/relations, or a related relevant technical discipline strongly preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience with an NGO in a business development/programme funding position(s) involving proposal development and donor liaison
- Three or more years of experience working on USG proposal responses as a prime or sub-partner, including participating in capture efforts, writing relevant sections of proposals, and developing proposal budgets
- Experience of developing successful proposals to Institutional donors, and Foundation
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and communication
- Keen interest and excitement in business development with a willingness to learn and ambition to take on positions of increasing responsibility.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead complex proposal development teams
- Results Oriented
- Quick learner willing to go the extra mile to achieve deadlines.
How to apply
To apply, please send your current (CV) resume and cover letter with 3 traceable referees before Tuesday June 21, 2022 to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the large volumes of applications we receive. Kindly be advised that hard copy applications will not be accepted.
NOTE: Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking policy.