Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
- To deliver high quality support to Corporate & Business banking teams by providing VAF expertise, sales advice and administration of the 3 core products being – Flexi-Buy, Flexi-Lease and Flexi-Rent.
- Drive sales performance by setting up car schemes, credit lines with existing major Absa’s customers and generating new business leads via our selected vendor alliances.
- The key responsibility is driving sales within the Absa’s customer base and ensuring that the expected penetration rates within the customer base are achieved.
- Managing and leading Vehicle and Asset Finance Product sales opportunities across the Corporate Banking relationship portfolio
- Managing new and existing Asset Finance customer relationships, dealing with issues proactively and reactively
- Working in close cooperation with Relationship teams to provide a world class Asset Finance offering to customer groups.
- Management of Absa’s Asset Finance customer relationships
- Making product presentations to prospective customer groups
- Delivering excellence in sales, developing new leads from within the Bank’s current customer base.
- Using the existing corporate network to maximise sales to bank customers
- Performing to plans as agreed, to drive profitability and increase market share
- Developing the profile of Asset Finance in Zambia
- Developing and maintaining a leads database
c) Liaison with Relationship Teams
- Support Corporate and Business Teams in the Development and implementation of new Asset Finance products and services
- Hosting Customer meetings to sell Asset Finance, to ensure maximum taxation and structuring benefits are achieved
- Training and development, coaching of corporate staff to ensure awareness of Asset Finance
- Follow a structured calling program to dealers and suppliers
- Conduct interviews with customers applying for finance in an effective and professional manner
- Attend to customer enquiries relative to asset finance
- Be constantly aware of opportunities for new business and to follow up business which might be lost to other bank e.g. request for references, request for settlements
- Nurture relationships with dealerships and suppliers to optimize sales opportunities
- Develop relationships with Retail Banking to ensure that VAF services this markets
- Report on market trends and development
- Managing the set portfolio within the Asset Finance unit, ensuring that risk profiles (book mix) are managed by sales of the correct products within approved risk management criteria
- Working in close relationship with CCT and Relationship teams in drafting credit applications.
- Responsible for ensuring the sound quality and performance of the VAF portfolio and conducting reviews, monitoring and reporting in line with policy.
- Conducting spot checks in order that policies and procedures are adhered to without compromising Absa and VAF governance and risk policies. In the event that a breach is identified, this needs to be highlighted and corrective action taken to rectify breach.
- Achieving “GREEN” audits.
- Ensure a customer complaints are registered and that complaints are resolved within agreed time lines.
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.