Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Supervisor – Shift
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Boilermaker
Reporting to the Supervisor – Shift, you will be responsible for assisting the maintenance department in the establishment of preventative and responsive maintenance and ensure maximum operational performance in welding, fabrication, repair, and construction is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, policies, legal requirements, and consent conditions. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s.
- Fully responsible for the quality of work, risk assessment and Safety procedures.
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Carry out maintenance activities assigned by the supervisor in accordance with the safe work procedures and standard which include JSA’s, FLRA, Hazard identification and SOP’s.
- Fully responsible for Metal Inert Gas welding (MIG), Oxy Cutting, Carbon Gouging and MMWA (Stick Welding).
- Execute function to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and trade standards.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job/task.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Holder of a Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication, with practical experience in the Mining Environment.
- Drawing and Print reading will be an added advantage.
- Photographs of previous works on heavy mining equipment repairs will be an added advantage.
- A member of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Holder of a valid driver’s licence.Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.