Mary Begg Health Services
Job Title: Biomedical Technician
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Biomedical Technician will ensure that medical equipment and systems used in patient care are operational, safe, and properly configured and used to meet our healthcare standards. They will need to continually educate and train equipment users so that the equipment is used and maintained effectively.
He / She will be expected to prepare and execute on a preventive maintenance schedule, which includes setting the appropriate stock holding levels for essential spares, for all equipment to limit medical equipment being non-operational or dangerous to patient care. They will collaborate with manufacturers and suppliers to guarantee that their knowledge is up to date, troubleshoot and resolve problems expediently.
- Equipment Control & Asset Management
- Equipment Inventories
- Equipment Maintenance Management
- Equipment Maintenance
- Quality Assurance
- Support in the acquisition of new medical equipment
- Installation of new equipment
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Hospital Safety Programs
- Radiation Safety
- Medical Gas Systems
- In-Service Education & Training
- Accident Investigation
- Regular reporting
- Analysis of Failures, Root Causes, and Human Factors
- Ensure that MBHS policies and procedures, and local regulations relating to job function are adhered to at all times.
- Be responsible for organization, prioritization and planning of your own maintenance schedule. Be prompt with maintenance times.
- Ensure the safety of equipment used for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring.
- To ensure medical equipment functions effectively and safely.
- To ensure medical equipment in the clinical environment is available and appropriate to the needs of the clinical service.
- To ensure medical equipment and its management represents value for patient benefit
- Investigate medical equipment failures and provide advice about the purchase and installation of new equipment.
- Develop and evaluate quantitative models of biological processes and systems.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required from the Chief Medical Officer and/or hospital/clinic manager from time to time.
- Customer Service work experience
- Professionalism in all methods of communication
- Strong data entry background and comfort level
- Effective organization, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Personal confidence and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrates effective team work with other members of the healthcare team
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages
- Previous working experience as a Biomedical- Technician
- Experience in providing training in use of medical equipment
- Proficiency in English
- Customer focused and have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
To apply for this job please visit marybeggclinic.bamboohr.com.