We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Biogas Installer/Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting biogas systems. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in mechanical and electrical systems, with a focus on renewable energy solutions.
- Conduct site assessments to determine the optimal location for biogas systems.
- Install, configure, and commission biogas systems, including piping, pumps, compressors, and associated equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on biogas systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct periodic inspections and implement preventive maintenance measures.
- Provide technical support to clients, addressing inquiries and resolving issues related to biogas systems.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to troubleshoot and improve system performance.
- Maintain accurate records of installation, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Generate detailed reports on system performance, issues, and resolutions.
- Ensure installations and maintenance activities comply with industry regulations and safety standards.
- Implement safety protocols and procedures to minimize risks during installation and maintenance tasks.
- A minimum of a high school diploma; technical or vocational training in renewable energy or a related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years proven experience in the installation and maintenance of biogas systems or similar renewable energy technologies.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and equipment used in biogas system installation and maintenance.
- Relevant certifications in renewable energy or biogas system installation are a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Microsoft, Excel, power point and word.
- High Safety standards (experience in safety standards)
- A valid Zambian Passport.
- Registered member of EIZ and has a valid practicing license.
- Sistema.bio Bidigester Installation Certification will be an added advantage.
- Atleast one Zambian Local Language
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job please visit www.energyjobline.com.