Bedford Microfinance Limited (BML)
Bedford Microfinance Limited is a fast growing lending company.
1. Finance Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the application of general accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate, timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Company financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Adequately facilitate internal and external audits and other financial reviews of the Company as may be from time to time required;
- Report and analyse all problems experienced with the Company accounts, so that remedial actions can promptly be taken
- Prepare quarterly management accounts timely
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements timely
- Timely processing of requests for payment in order to meet financial obligations as and when they fall due.
- Check all transaction requests to ensure accuracy and compliance to policy and procedures
- Prepare the payroll and also ensure payroll and statutory returns are submitted on time
- Prepare tax payments in compliance with tax regulations
- Facilitates the preparation of the Company’s annual budget
- Facilitates budget implementation and budgetary control and prepares variance analysis report
- Maintain an asset register for the Company
- Maintain accounts payables and ensure that all supplier invoices are captured and up to date
- Maintain accounts receivables and ensuring that all staff and other operational receivables are captured on time and are up to date
- Issues receipts for all monies received to ensure accountability
- Ensure that all outstanding imprest are fully retired
- Ensure that all back up documentation are properly and systematically filed to facilitate quick and proper transaction referencing
- Prepare weekly petty cash count reports
- Provide input into reports prepared by other consultants and stakeholders as needed.
- Any other duties related to the core business of the institution
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum ZICA Licentiate or equivalent, Bachelor of Accountancy
- Must be a registered and paid up member of ZICA
- Proficiency in accounting packages
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience
All applications in writing should be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents (Note: do not send originals) with the names and addresses of three referees, one of which should be the last or current employer. The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
Applications should be addressed and submitted to the address below by 10th December 2022:
The Chief Executive Officer
Bedford Microfinance Limited
Flat Number 2 Permanent Court
Church Road Ridgeway
Email: [email protected]
For any information contact us on +260 211 410 034