Mabiza Resources Limited
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd. Munali is currently on care and maintenance but consists of an underground mining operation, a mill, and a conventional Nickel Sulphide floatation Concentrator. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Assistant Process Manager
Reporting: Process Plant Manager
The main purpose of mine rescue in the order of their importance are:
- The role is responsible for the operations of the processing plant.
- The role is responsible for the development and implementation of all operating procedures and training of the production team.
- Managing each of the individual process areas (i.e. Crushing, DMS, Grinding, Flotation, Dewatering, Concentrate Handling) to achieve required production levels, quality, and efficiencies.
- Managing operational personnel including the planning, scheduling, and sourcing of skills.
- Daily monitoring of the process and managing strategies to minimize variations within the concentrator.
- Providing feedback on production KPIs.
Organization and People Management
- Managing the succession planning by assisting concentrator management in the decision-making process.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with department management team members and cross-area colleagues.
- Managing all training programs through the assistance of a Training Co-ordinator with regards to the continuous improvement requirements of MRL.
- Developing and maintaining team plans, production safety, and operational reporting systems and process performance reporting.
Financial, Cost & Asset Management
- Initiate and undertake investigations to support cost improvement opportunities.
- Contribute to the preparation of the department operating and capital budgets.
- Participate in department cost analyses and monthly production forecast.
- Advise on the usage of reagents and other consumable items.
Identify and correct areas of operation, which have an adverse effect on the OHSE of employees.
- Promote safety awareness of employees and contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and obligations.
- Conduct safety investigations and implementation of follow up action
- Demonstrate an understanding/commitment to the MRL environmental policy.
Qualifications & Skills
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry Degree
- Ten (10) Years’ Experience and at least five (05) Years in Production and the rest in Technical Department.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Working knowledge of a mineral processing plant.
- Knowledge of OH&S and Environmental legislation and extensive experience in risk management and loss control.
- Good leadership of production staff.
- Planning and coordination.
- Possess strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good at interpersonal skills.
- Strong Decision-Making abilities.
- Ability to draw up strategic plans.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to [email protected]
Closing Date: 7th March 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.