Website Lusaka International Community School (LICS)
Based in Lusaka, Zambia, Lusaka International Community School (LICS) is a co-educational, secular, fee-paying, non-profit school, which provides an internationally recognised education to a culturally diverse, globally-minded student body in a caring and supportive learning environment. LICS holds in high esteem its vision statement which is to “maximise the potential of future world citizens”.
LICS is a leading independent Pre-Primary, Primary, and Secondary School based in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a member of CIS, AISA, and ISAZ.
The school is in an exciting phase of facility and operational development and will offer the incumbent an enriching and enjoyable sense of professional fulfillment
The school is looking for a suitable candidate to join the LICS team as an Assistant Network and Systems Administrator with effect 1 July 2021.
- Proven network management, install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet intranet systems e.g. security, data back-up and recovery, routing and switching, etc.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Proven IT skills with Windows and Windows Server (up to latest version), and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Up-to-date skills in server configuration, including virtual server configurations in Hyper-V and VMware (ESXi, in particular)
- Very good knowledge of all the products within Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of setup and management of database systems (e.g. reporting systems, VLMs, iSAMS, Ed-Admin, etc) would be an added advantage
- Proven skills regarding data management and data structuring of different user groups (profiles and access management)
- Accuracy of work and reliability/trustworthiness
- Knowledge/Experience of/with Pastel and Dove Payroll system
- Minimum 2 years experience in technical and administrative management of large ICT networks (> 200 end-users)
- Proven leadership skills to plan/coordinate and implement all required ICT work together with the ICT HoD, ICT Systems Administrator, ICT Technicians and Assistant ICT Technicians
- Proven skills of working in a multicultural setup
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system’s performance.
- Proven and respectful communication skills with staff, students/parents and ICT business partners
- Identify user needs.
- Determine network and system requirements
- Completed High School at Grade 12
- Minimum Degree in Computer Science, ideally Degree in Computer Science with Education
- Microsoft Certification MSCA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) or MSCE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator)
4. Application Process
Please visit our website ( www.lics.sch.zm/career-opportunities ) and fill in the online application form and upload a detailed CV with a covering letter along with three referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor by 26th May, 2021. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment@lics.sch.zm.