Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To provide specialist advice and support in area of specialisation enabling the effective implementation of risk frameworks.
Market Risk Oversight and Reporting
- Risk identification
- Ensure that all exposures to relevant risks are identified and captured in daily risk
- Ensure that all risks are identified when conducting risk assessments for new product Approvals and complex trades.
- Risk measurement
- Running and timely submission of daily exposure reports, ensuring that reports are
robust and efficient and numbers are correct and complete and that risks are measured
In accordance with agreed standards.
- Participate in review of risk metrics as and when required.
- Implement improvements to existing processes as may be required.
- Risk control
- Adhere to policies and standards, as per the market risk framework.
- Participate in market risk limit review at least once a year, but as often as required.
- Investigate PV and completeness reconciliations and resolve exceptions on a daily basis.
- Investigate and resolve back-testing exceptions daily.
- Sign off on VaR, capital and other risk metrics daily.
- Implement new controls as may be required by regulations, the Group, relevant
Projects or other stakeholders.
- Risk reporting/ monitoring
- Report on and monitor exposures against predefined limits on a daily basis.
- Ensure that limit breaches are escalated according to policy and that management is
Provided with all information that is needed to make decisions.
- Reports must be accompanied by commentary that is relevant to the business and
highlights key risks and changes in risk
- Provide inputs for daily, weekly, monthly and other / ad hoc reports; this includes both Quantitative and qualitative input.
- Develop reports for new businesses.
- Risk management
- Provide advice and expertise to assist business in optimising risk profiles.
- Market Risk Analysis
- Develop and maintain familiarity with key positions held and market risk issues faced
by the relevant trading desk(s)
- Provide meaningful and value-add analysis. This will be used to inform management
Actions and/or discussions.
- Build an understanding of capital requirements and the drivers thereof to provide
Business with insight to make trading / hedging decisions.
- Perform any ad hoc analysis requested by management or business
- Effective origination, execution and monitoring of deals
- Participate in new product / business developments, significant change processes and complex trade reviews by performing risk assessment
- Effective stakeholder relationship management
- Continually interact with Front Office staff to discuss risk profile and key risks
- Build strong internal (Market Risk) and external (Front Office and other Infrastructure
areas) relationships, to build synergies and efficiencies
- Manage business needs and expectations
2. Funding Risk Management
Liquidity Risk Management
- Create and maintain the Key Risk Control Framework: and Policy and recommend to ALCO and Board Approved Committee for approval. Set out the functional responsibilities for management of the Liquidity Risk.
- Review and agree the Liquidity Risk Standards.
- Review and recommend LRA to the ALCO and Board for approval
- Review and challenge/agree limits framework, notification triggers and escalation procedures.
- Monitor, Review and challenge/agree the liquidity risk metrics, ILSM, management actions, internal and regulatory limits framework, including individual limits, EWI, breaches and corresponding reporting requirements.
- Review and challenge/agree key model assumptions in ILSM and stress test assumptions.
- Review and challenge Funding Plans.
- Review and challenge/agree the Contingency Funding Plan, recovery options and EWIs.
- Review RCSA, attestations, audit findings etc. and management actions.
Capital Risk Management
- Create and maintain the Capital Risk Framework and Capital Risk Policy and recommend to ALCO and Board for approval.
- Review and agree Standards.
- Review, challenge and recommend Capital Risk Appetite to the ALCO and Board Approved Committee.
- Monitor and review for compliance with local regulatory capital and reserve requirements and management action effectiveness, internal capital and leverage ratio targets deviations and management actions.
- Review and challenge capital plan, capital adequacy forecasts, underlying assumptions and changes to assumptions and forecasts.
- Review and agree stressed capital plan including assumptions and basis of preparation.
- Review and challenge/agree internal capital limits and EWIs, including re-allocation, reductions, increases and breaches.
- Review and challenge/agree capital actions to the ALCO and Board for approval.
- Review and challenge/agree the recovery plan and recommend plan to CRO/ALCO.
- Carry out conformance reviews. Review RCSA, attestations, significant audit finding, significant operational or conduct issues and management actions.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.