Workers Compensation Fund Control Board
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position.
Assistant Manager – Rehabilitation and Counseling (x1)
- Rehabilitates pensioners through counseling, establishing their training and material needs in order to restore them to pre-accident state.
- Supplies and maintains artificial limbs, hearing, walking and mobility aids so as to restore them to pre-accident state.
- Processes and pays constant attendance allowances to paraplegic pensioners as nursing care in order to cushion negative financial impact.
- Receives, analyses and recommends applications for commutations of pension to pensioners for managements approval in order to expedite the disbursements of money to pensioners.
- Checks and pays approved pension commutations before relaying them to the Accounts section for issuance of cheques so as to alleviate the suffering of pensioners.
- Refunds approved medical expenses reasonably incurred by pensioners in the course of treatment to maintain good corporate image.
- Supervises the preparation of various documents relating to pensioners’ vocational rehabilitation needs by providing requisite guidelines/ instructions and checking all carried Out, to ensure optimum efficiency and strict compliance to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Trains, develops, and motivates subordinates so as to enable them to acquire knowledge and skills in line with the Board’s manpower needs.
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better including Mathematics and English.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Work/ or Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years work experience at Management level.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills.
- Good personal organization
- Computer literacy
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 4th June, 2021.
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534