Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering, and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity.
Assistant Manager – Materials (1 Position)
- Enforce company policies and Government statutory to ensure transparency in materials management
- Ensure that procurement process is timely managed whilst providing appropriate quality of materials to user departments within the specified timelines.
- Purchase materials, equipment and/or supplies consistent with material needs and specifications to maintain the appropriate inventory levels.
- Support the organisation with material deliveries as per planned timeframes.
- Assist in accurate data collection and management in relation to adding new materials to Navision.
- Obtain quotations and negotiate for appropriate price considering the quality of materials and services.
- Raise purchase orders in accordance with purchase requests.
- Provide support in the administration of price and invoice queries for the Purchasing Department.
- Assist in the return, collection, and credit of rejected materials with suppliers, in conjunction with the user departments.
- Act as nodal agency under the guidance of Head Materials between mine site, suppliers, and other service providers to achieve Organisational objectives.
Comply with company occupational health, and safety policies, procedures, related legislation, and regulations.
Contribute to a safe work environment by applying safe work practices and exercising a duty of care for self and others.
Strive to standardise the materials by developing genuine vendors and codifying them in Navision.
Ensure information protection relating to materials department and accounting of all materials in Navision.
Perform other general administration duties as deemed necessary for efficient operations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Diploma/Degree in Purchase and Supply/(CIPS) Level-6
- 6 years work experience in materials management with at least 3 years at senior level
- Good computer skills.
- Paid up member of ZIPS.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills.
- Good command of oral and written communication.
- Computer literate.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; firstname.lastname@example.org Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.