Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Reports to Lab Coordinator. The incumbent will support the implementation of the integrated courier system for TB samples and support the rollout of molecular TB rapid diagnostic platforms (e.g., TB LAMP, Truenat, and GeneXpert) in line with the National Tuberculosis Leprosy Control Program (NTLP) recommendations.
- Conducts urine LAM trainings and mentorship activities in all public and private health facilities.
- Collaborates with other implementing partners (IPs) in the rollout of the Quality Management System.
- Advises and assists the Provincial Health Office (PHO) in planning and implementation of TB external quality assessment activities.
- Works with other IPs in the implementation of laboratory information systems (LIS) such as eLabs and DISA.
- Supports sputum smear microscopy.
- Prepares budgets for trainings and field trips and submit them for review by the laboratory coordinator.
- Supports the rollout of newer TB diagnostic platforms (e.g., TB LAM) in line with the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) recommendations.
- Participates in the writing of abstracts and dissemination at national, regional, and international conferences.
- Supports facilities in supply chain management for TB laboratory commodities as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Attends provincial and national TB meetings including district and provincial review meetings.
- Ensures timely examination of all TB samples to avoid diagnostic delays.
- Supports TB-related trainings in the facilities supported by the project.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Biomedical Laboratory Sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct work experience.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia a must
- In possession of a valid Practicing License
- Strong written, oral communication skill and computer literate.
- Registration with Biomedical Society of Zambia will be an advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.