Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE)
The Council of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE) is looking for a suitably qualified experienced and result oriented person to fill the position of Assistant Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Assistant Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting management in achieving strategic objectives on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Internal Control, Risk Management and Governance processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out periodic reliability tests to confirm the efficiency, effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls, systems and procedures in safeguarding of internal controls, systems and procedures in safeguarding the Institute’s assets;
- Safeguards the Institute’s assets and examine internal controls in all transactions of the Institute and makes recommendations for their transactions of the Institute and makes recommendations for their improvements to ensure quality assurance;
- Reviews and monitors all management systems including finance, procurement and stores, human resource to ensure compliance with the Institute’s policies and procedures;
- Undertakes periodic checks of operations in order to identify area vulnerable to latent risks, fraud and make appropriate recommendations to avert such risks;
- Carries out pre-audits on selected payments to ensure correctness and reliability of accounting records;
- Ensures that a satisfactory stores systems is maintained and the authorisation procedures for all payments and disposal of assets are strictly in accordance with procurement and stores procedures and in harmony with the financial regulations;
- Evaluates Risk Management Framework annually;
- Reviews governance of the Institute annually;
- Write draft reports for the Supervisor’s review; and
- Undertakes special audit investigations as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 “O” levels, credits or better including English and Mathematics;
- Holder of NATech or Part II ACCA/CIMA/ZICA;
- Proven proficiency in computer;
- 3 years progressive work experience;
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to write audit reports, analysis and recommendations based on reliable evidence;;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Computer/numerical skills;
- Leadership skills.
Interested candidates meeting the above profiles should submit application letters enclosing the Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates and National Registration Card to the following address not later than 13th August, 2021.
Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education
Plot No. 36983, Andrew Mwenya Road
P.O Box 30690
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A centre of excellence in law practice education.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia